Thread: Wireless printing from Macbook

Wireless printing from Macbook

I had a wireless printing facilitated by means of my preceding setup, additional than I do not remember how I did it. At present my setup has misrepresented a bit and I am looking for a diminutive help. This is how my wireless network is at present set up. Together my macbook and my system are wirelessly associated to my D-Link WBR-1310 router (formerly the PC was wired). I have comprise an HP Officejet 5610 printer associated to my system. So how do I set up my Macbook for wireless printing via my system.

Re: Wireless printing from Macbook

In this you have to open your MacBook's "System Preferences" and hit it off "Print and Fax." After that you have to hit it off the "+" sign to add an innovative printer. At this position, depending on your setup, you be able to moreover add an innovative printer associated to a dissimilar system or add a wireless printer. Facilitate printer sharing on the additional system by opening "System Preferences" and clicking on "Sharing" in the third row. Create certain that the "Printer Sharing" make sure box is facilitated. Return to your MacBook and add the printer associated to the additional system. It determines to be named "[Printer model] @ [Computer Name]." For illustration, it determines to be listed as "HP Laserjet 1300 @ Jim's iMac." At present you be able to send documents wirelessly to that printer, as long as the system associated to the printer is powered on.

On the system, you have to right hit it off on the printer and decide on 'sharing', then give it a name. On the Mac, go to the print centre, add an innovative printer and select Windows Printing (or incredible similar to that, not on a Mac at the split second so cannot remember the accurate name). Additional than having said that, if the entire you have comprise and completed is install a wireless card in your system, then printing be supposed to tranquil work immediately extremely well.

I have encompass the printer associated to the Mac and utilize bonjour for windows on the system, and it located my printer in excess of the network and then it immediately runs, have comprise you got firewalls on or no matter which. I have comprised the similar situation as Nuk. The MacBook to wireless router to Windows XP system to printer. My Mac be able to locate the printer, additional than it does not register the model numeral (HP PSC 2355) as an alternative. When I plug the printer unswervingly into the Mac's USB port it runs. I have comprised and downloaded the appropriate driver from HP additional than it tranquil does not seem to be familiar with it.

Accurately the similar circumstances except by means of hp psc 2110 printer. Runs extremely well by means of USB, additional than simply garbage from side to side network. Apple hold up was enormously no help, tried no matter which to get me off the phone. Held responsible router and/or printer & told me to call Lynksys or HP. Seems to be a general tribulations. I have had the Mac less than a week & wondering what I got into. Several suggestions would be thankful.

I be able to print to the 1315 from the desktop by means of no tribulations. Additional Windows based PCs on my (wireless) home network be able to print to it via a generic SBC router, which is handling network traffic and Internet have right of entry. I have comprised and downloaded the OSX drivers for the PSC 1315 from the HP website and productively loaded them onto the MacBook. The HP supporter that pops up asks me to add the HP printer that's moreover associated via USB or via IP. I have comprise to bypass that setup. You determine to observe it.