Thread: Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Won't Scan Under Snow Leopard

Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Won't Scan Under Snow Leopard

The Officejet Proj 8500 Wireless would not scan on my iMac beneath the innovative Snow Leopard operating system. In this I am getting the Error communication: "No Scan Options refer to apparatus certification to troubleshoot". In addition, when I tried altering the scan settings in the Scan intentions program, the program hang up when trying to save several changes and then I must utilize "Force Quit" to stop the HP scan intentions program. The HP software bring up to date reports that the printer software is up to date. The 8500 wireless tranquil prints, providentially, additional than at present it cannot scan beneath Snow Leopard. If anybody be familiar with of solutions.

Re: Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Won't Scan Under Snow Leopard

I have encompassed the exact similar tribulations and I immediately brought the HP OJ Wireless 8500. I be able to print additional than not scan. I am frustrating to install the Scan Drivers from the CD-ROM that came by means of the printer additional than that failed. I tried each step outlined on the HP site for scanning and tranquil get the "No Scan Options." I anticipate this gets resolved promptly. My 5610 that I "traded" to get the $50 rebate was capable to scan in Snow Leopard.

The HP has position commands for people using Snow Leopard which designate that you at present have encompass to go from side to side the Preview, or Image Capture, or scan from Print and Fax to have right of entry the scan characteristics on your printer. The scan buttons on the printer no longer run, so you stimulate the scan from side to side your Mac. I tried it and am at present able to scan on the HP Inkjetpro 8500 wireless printer by going from side to side the Preview or Image Capture programs.

I tried the whole thing on the website and tranquil no scanning. I have comprised one system that I left exclusive of Snow Leopard that is able to at least scan for at present. Here is an extraordinary examination. I immediately added the printer as a wireless printer (Nearby) on my MacBook Air (Snow Leopard) and I be able to scan and print wirelessly. So, the tribulations seem to be when the printer is connected via USB to my MacBook Pro. I determine to disconnect the USB and uninstall and then try the entire in excess of again by means of that system.

I had even "chatted" by means of HP at the moment and they had me call their innovative Mac team. Subsequent to holding for a extensive time, I did speak to somebody who asked lots of query and then told me I desirable to call Apple. Not certain what made me do this additional than I decided to restart my system previous to calling Apple. Guess what, the Scanner has at present appeared and the entire is running. You have to be certain to restart your system even though the system does not necessitate a restart. The entire is at present running by means of the 8500 on the entire my Mac computers.

I am tranquil working with 10.5, additional than determine to encompass 10.6 nest week. I cannot get scanning beneath 10.5, which I would similar to do previous to trying 10.6. Does hp claim the 8550 be able to scan wirelessly by means of OS X. The Vista scan completely wirelessly. Additional than, I do not trust hp to completely implement no matter which for the Mac. They have comprise and failed to do so by means of the 6100.

For 10.5 scanning is completed from side to side HP software merely. Depending on the printer it is moreover Device Manager or ScanPro. Moreover one be supposed to be in your Applications/Hewlett-Packard folder. If you are having tribulations, uninstall the HP software (using the uninstaller in the similar folder as the scan software) and reinstall. In your container it is almost certainly not worth the aggravate if you are installing SL next week. For 10.6 it is most excellent to immediately entirely uninstall the HP software immediately subsequent to upgrading to SL, then do Software to bring up to date. Scanning determine to be completed from side to side Preview or Image Capture or Sys Prefs, Print & Fax simply.