Thread: Toshiba P105 cannot install sound driver

Toshiba P105 cannot install sound driver

I have recently changed my hard disk and installed a new higher volume disk. I even installed Windows XP SP3 on this drive, its a fresh installation. I don't wanted any conflicts to occur and so I installed all the necessary drivers from Toshiba website itself and everything worked as expected. However I was unable to install the sound driver on my Toshiba P105 laptop. The device is still left undetected in the Device Manager. I tried all the possibilities to install the drivers but no go. What should I do ?

Re: Toshiba P105 cannot install sound driver

I think you need to install the device manually from the Device Manager. So first uninstall any of the other audio drivers that you might be have installed. Extract the audio driver in a folder and open the Device Manager. Right click on the Audio driver, Properties and select Update Driver. Now follow the wizard to update the driver.

Since you have installed a new hard drive, you must also install the chipset driver to add the drive to the motherboard. Install the chipset driver and then restart the computer to let it accept the new hardware that it has found. Once started, you can now install the audio driver.

If you have installed all the drivers then it should work. If it doesn't work then you certainly have made some mistake during the installation procedure. You must follow the correct order for installing the drivers. In case something does not work properly, then you must restart everything.

Simply go to Control Panel, switch to Classic View, and open the Device Manager. Open the Sound folder, click on the Realtek and DISABLE it. Again try to ENABLE it. If it isn't helpful then again go to Device Manager and select sound, video, and game controllers. Also select high definition audio device and open it. Go to the drivers tab and click Uninstall. Now ask your machine to search for the new device.