Thread: HP OfficeJet Pro 1150c cables help

HP OfficeJet Pro 1150c cables help

Hey, there everyone I have recently got this new(HP OfficeJet Pro 1150c) stuff for me but mind it, it is without cables. The thing that I want to know is can I connect this stuff via USB to my laptop? What are the thing that I will be required to take care of? Will I be required to get something else in order to make it work. I do not know much about it. Please help.

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 1150c cables help

It is really not a new thing my friend. You will need IEEE-1284 parallel connection for your printer. If your laptop has a parallel connection you just need to use a standard IEEE parallel cable and nothing else. If, your laptop does not have a parallel port things, then it can cause problems. Now it will totally depend on the OS that may be able to get a USB to IEEE-1284 converter cable and get it to work. I do not know about the OS of yours but if you are using Vista you will probably be able to print using the Deskjet 500c drivers built into Vista.

If you ask me, you just need Vista Drivers for the HP 1150c, and nothing else. The Deskjet that is suggested simply does not work. I came up with a laptop and Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit was the operating system in it. Now I found that the it is no longer using the printer. Now I can not get how to do it. Please help. Can you suggest me some sites from where I can get the drivers for the same.

See, tREYTON , I have helped here bunch of people, but in your case I think I need to have some more description from you. Let me start with this, does your laptop(or computer) has IEEE parallel port? or are you using a USB to parallel converter? I am asking this because I have seen a lot of issues with the USB-parallel converters, but have seen some of them escaping narrowly. The Deskjet is for sure going to run, proper installation of it will make work

After going through this all query and solutions in this thread can anyone will take the pain of telling me the HP website where I can the drivers for the 1150C in XP system can be downloaded. HP has suggested to use some of the drivers that come from the XP system, but I do not have a HP system to get the drivers and install them. I usually get the error saying "No Drivers Found".