Thread: Duplex Scan with CM2320FXI

Duplex Scan with CM2320FXI

I have CM2320 FXI, and I want it to do duplex scanning. Should I use Readiris or any other scanning software in order to achieve this. A two-sided document can be copied as well as printed but, fails to scan two sided document. Can any one here suggest me something regarding this context. I am sure if it can copy and print then it should scan as well.

Re: Duplex Scan with CM2320FXI

I have CM2320fxi as the printer. Now I am doubting about it. Actually now I need to understand the real meaning of MFP. When they say the printer is MFP, what does it actually mean. I really can not understand what is wrong with this printer. It can copy two sided documents and even print the same but it can not scan them. Why? I know that there are two ways to set up a scan using the HP software. First using the "Scan" option and the second is using the HP Solution Center. I tried both the solutions but it did not worked. Please suggest me a solution to get out of this limitation of the printer.

First of all regarding the MPS - it stands for Multifunction Printer. MPS means that a printer capable of printing, scanning and faxing. Mow for the real problem, actually this printer can not perform duplex scanning, because it does not have dual scannerheads. You can only perform the simplex scanning that also either using the Flatbed or ADF. You may be finding these options with you because HP has made some changes in the software for this printer. Now the dual scanning is available with other models of the HP printers.

I think that there is some thing which is falling short in the software context. I have experienced rather a different scenario, with Canon and Ricoh. The scanner drivers for the remote PC detects the presence of a network scanner and detect the accessories attached. I think this is not happening in your case. It is really hard for this scanner to believe, but it is true. HP ignore the duplexing facility of the ADF when scanning, and there's even less reference to setting it up and using it.

I am no pretty sure about this but you can do this. The only thing that I thing you need to do is set the scan to email or folder. By doing this you can allow the printer to describe the original. I am not sure about this but would not mind, giving it a try. See to it yourself and reply if the thing worked. Thanks.

The duplex scanning was running well on the C309c. Now I upgraded to the Windows 7 and unfortunately, now it is not performing the duplex scan. I told the tech-support about this, but they replied me saying that this machine does not possess that ability, but I kept telling them that it did before. I finally gave up on them. Now in Windows 7 I can only scan duplex to tiff or image files. Then print the doc to a pdf file. Now OCRing the document will give you exactly what you want.