Thread: Officejet 8500 W/less Pro Will not wake from Power Save Mode

Officejet 8500 W/less Pro Will not wake from Power Save Mode

The Officejet 8500 Pro Wireless is causing me problem these days. It usually locks up if it sits ideal nearly after 4 hours. Under normal conditions it works well. It prints, scans, faxes, and copies without any problem. Once when it gets locked, the lights remains on but the unit gets completely frozen. Neither commands from the printer nor touching the printer touch screen or the buttons wakes it up. The only solution is to bring it out of this is to unplug the printer and restart. I did not get any thing in this context from the Tech-Support, after wasting around an hour with them. Is there any problem with the unit's powersave software. Please Help.
    Last edited by Karnik; 04-09-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Re: Officejet 8500 W/less Pro Will not wake from Power Save Mode

I guess that you have a bad printer. Why do not you try testing the printer? Just do this, when you have done with your printer, from the front panel turn off it's radio. Now see if that makes the difference. If it does not make the difference then replacement would be one that I would suggest. If you do not want to do this, then it will be required, to troubleshoot the networking environment. Please let me know, the kind of router that you are using. I am asking you because some wireless-routers have interoperability issues.

We here are also having the same problem. It is really very annoying. I and my friend tried making changes in the settings of the printer. In the initial phase, the settings worked, but after printing couple of items and not using it for couple of hours, it gone back to the previous problem. I want to keep it awake all the time, can anyone suggest me the solution. I want to keep it awake without unplugging it. Please suggest. Thanks.

I do not know why is this problem gaining this heights. I have the same printer. Usually the printer goes in the energy saver mode, if it is left not used for sometime. There is an on/off button which should blink all the time. You just need to tap the button, this will make the printer come out of sleep. You can also place the paper into the ADF on top and it triggers the connectors that work needs to be done. If you want it to be always on, then go to the touch panel and enter in the network tool options. Then scroll down to preference option. After this go to energy saver mode and turn it OFF. This should let your printer to stay on.

Thanks for your response deoWo, but you should have a better look at the above post of mine above in this thread. You have mentioned how it should work, but what about the scenario when it freezes. The only thing that is needed to do when it freezes is the re-start. Many of have mentioned that re-start is the only solution when the printer freezes.

I would like do a trial with the printer, this is actually not a solution, but the conclusion of the result will tell me what is exactly wrong and what is needed to be done next. First try connecting the printer(Officejet 8500) with a LAN cable to the router. Tell me if this helped. I am very much curious about it. Please do let me know in the next post. Also this will only work if the router is wireless one and if you have the wired one then please let me know about it.