Thread: Officejet 6500 - NO IP Address

Officejet 6500 - NO IP Address

I simply do not know what is wrong with this(HP Officejet 6500) printer. Whenever I go for the Network Configuration page, I find that the IP address is all 0's. Hence I can not detect the printer through the Ethernet connection. Can anyone suggest me something in this scenario. I have bought this printer with much expectations. Please help. Thanks.

Re: Officejet 6500 - NO IP Address

What is the brand or model of the router that you have right now? Also please tell me the ISP(Internet Service Provider) for you? You can try doing one thing. Connect the Ethernet cable into your printer and the router. Now power down both devices. Start the printer, and then start the router. Please let me know if this helped, also let me know about the router and ISP in your next post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    What is the brand or model of the router that you have right now? Also please tell me the ISP(Internet Service Provider) for you? You can try doing one thing. Connect the Ethernet cable into your printer and the router. Now power down both devices. Start the printer, and then start the router. Please let me know if this helped, also let me know about the router and ISP in your next post.
    As you asked, my router is Linksys and my ISP is Time Warner Cable. I also want to inform you that I have tried your suggestion, but it did not help. When I go to the printer and from it's control panel when I print the network configuration page it again gives me the IP address that is all 0. It is where it was first.

To my router, I have problem installing Officejet 6500 wireless. Whenever I start to install a MAC IP address filtering message keeps appearing and this stops the installation. Now it has gone to a worse height. Adding the MAC IP address of the printer on my computer has caused the internet connection of my wireless laptop. I can have access to it using my desktop only. Please suggest some solution for this.

I did not get your point, you just mentioned that you added the MAC address, I want to know where did you ass the MAC address? and why? Please do post me about the network of yours. Also do mention the Router's brand, the ISP type whether it is DSL or Cable. Please also mention about the encryption type either WEP or WAP or something else. It is only when you give us this we will be able to help you.

I am wondering if this problem was ever solved. In my desktop I have Windows 7 and a Mac. I connected the Officejet 6500 to the wireless router with an ethernet cable and reserving the IP address. I also connected the desktop to the router by ethernet. There is no issue with the desktop printing the documents, but the problem arises with the Mac. I even tried connecting Mac with ethernet to the router, but still can not print the documents. What is going on here? Please help.