Thread: cannot install my new HP Deskjet D1660 printer

cannot install my new HP Deskjet D1660 printer

My mom is having computer with Windows 7 installed in it. I was installing new d1660 in it but I failed to installed it and it is continuously showing me message saying that "Printer not connected".

I unplugged and plugged it for 2-3 times but it does not help me. I think the problem is with the sequence that USB is plugged in during the installation. Am I true? Please help.

Re: cannot install my new HP Deskjet D1660 printer

It looks like a software problem. As you said that you bought it new then I am sure that they may have given you a software CD. This CD should be installed on your computer to install HP Deskjet D1660 printer. Have you installed that CD is not then install it and then try to install your printer. If your computer dont have any other problem then this will resolve this issue.

Your USB may not be working properly that is the reason it is unable to recognize the printer. It may be disabled or corrupted. You can check this under device manager and it can be enabled from there or can be reinstalled. If you think this is very long procedure then you can simply change the USB port or USB cable. Because your cable also may be corrupted.

You have to follow a few simple steps to install it.

• Press start button and go to Printer and Faxes.
    • You can see list of printers which are already installed on your PC.
    • Double click on Add printer.
    • Click Next button to proceed further.
    • Then you will find a window on which the option for “A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer” will be checked automatically.
    • When you click on next button you will see a window for specifying a printer. You have to click on the first option.
    • If you know the location of the printer then locate it otherwise press find now if you want the computer to find it.
    • Select the printer and press OK.
    • Now you can choose whether you want to install the current printer as your default printer or not and click next to continue.

If you are not able to install your printer after following the simple and standered method of installing the printer then I think that your printer may have the defect. As you told that you have bought it new then I am sure that it may be under warranty and you may be having your warranty card. Call then and tell then to install it. If they also cant help you to install it then you should return that to them and demand for the new one.

There may be some bugs in your system which are allowing your system to detect new hardware. Just check that same USB port is recognizing any other external device or not. Scan your computer with updated antivirus and remove all those bugs. Set your setting to default setting, there may be some security permission which may not be allowing your computer to detect other peripherals.

I Am Having Same Issue With D1660 Install. Brand New Comp, Printer, And Cable. Used Cd For Install Several Times But Gets To Prompt To Plug In Printer But It Wont Recognize The Printer Is Plugged In To Complete Install. Researched Online For A Patch But Can't Find Anything..... Any Other Suggestions Besides The Obvious? Thanks... Jason