Thread: Isopropyl Alcohol for cleaning waterblocks/evaps/cpu cores

Isopropyl Alcohol for cleaning waterblocks/evaps/cpu cores

I am looking for high purity Isopropyl Alcohol for cleaning up my old liquid cooling. I had found that is not giving adequate cooling to my system. I am overclocking my processor regularly and the temperature monitor shows high temperature. I might be shifting the same to Corsair H50 and need highlight on the same. Also how to clean up this liquid cooling stuff properly.

Re: Isopropyl Alcohol for cleaning waterblocks/evaps/cpu cores

Isopropyl Alcohol is an ideal choice for cleaning the same. It is best and you will get nice support. You can buy the same only there are ample of site selling the same. There is no need to be a professional to mount a water cooling. I speak here of a water cooling home-assembled piece by piece which is the best and every cost effective way and you can also add some parts in the same.

The air cooling still is a good way to cool at lower cost. The 7700 all-copper is fine and runs between 1000 and 2000rpm, not very fast, which limits the noise. Talking about the Corsair H50 it is simple and the CPU cooler is the pump which is connected by two tubes with a single radiator with a 120-mm fan. To mount an ordinary fan there is enough installation space for a 120mm case fan.

The goal of each cooling system for PCs is to keep the components cool by removing heat from the surfaces. With a traditional CPU heat sink, heat is transferred from the processor heatsink. A fan blows air on the heatsink, and while the air invests hot surfaces, removing heat lowering the temperature. So it is better recommended that you use a good stuff here.

There are basically three types of liquid cooling systems, whose main difference is the placement of the radiator, pump and basin internally, externally or integrated. For this I will recommend you to use the integrated one which comes with branded system and there you does need to do anything. Usually cleaning up a liquid cooling system is messy where Isopropyl Alcohol is a nice choice.

I am using a Exos-2 system in my pc. It is a powerful external system with a cooling power of 700 watts. This does not mean that uses 700 watts of power to operate, but is able to remove 700 watts of heat, maintaining a temperature of 55 degrees with an ambient temperature of 25 ° C. The system comes complete with all hoses and fittings, while lacking the water block. That can be bought separately.

I have a Corsair H50 cooler in my system. The radiator is the heart of the second cooling and is largely responsible for the efficiency. Corsair familiar here on a model made of aluminum, which can accommodate 120mm fan of the dimension. It can be fitted well on your processor with less hassle. The built-fan measures 120mm and spins at full capacity at ~ 1600 rpm. The pump itself can be connected with their 3-pin connector on each fan connector on the motherboard, the fan should instead directly to the CPU fan connector.