Thread: What to look for when choosing an HDTV for PC gaming?

What to look for when choosing an HDTV for PC gaming?

I was about to buy a new TV but then i came to know that the HDTV would be capable of running PC games at up to 1920x1080 so i would definitely buy a HDTV. I just want to know that the on what features i should focus while buying the HDTV for gaming purpose?

Re: What to look for when choosing an HDTV for PC gaming?

The first thing you will have to think about is the resolution of the TV is proficient of displaying. Since both the PS3 and xbox 360 can output at 1080p you will preferably want to appear for a television which is well-suited with a full HD signals. Higher the resolution would be higher the crisper and more defined the image you would be getting on your TV.

Samsung's LTP468W delivers a variety of outstanding features including 2 tuner PIP, DVI and dual component video inputs. The LTP468W will also add the latest digital video connector - HDMI.The LTP468W also boasts Samsung's latest generation of DNI-e picture enhancement circuitry delivering improved contrast, detail, color and video motion optimization.

the 43” (Diagonal) PDP-4340HD widescreen high-definition plasma TV is so visually stunning that you’ll wonder how it’s possible. The PDP-4340HD comes fully loaded: its outboard media receiver is equipped with an ATSC terrestrial HDTV tuner and a full set of interfaces, including a next-generation High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI). This all-digital, high-bandwidth consumer interface can transfer huge amounts of pure, digital data at very high rates of speed. Two-way stereo speakers and a swivel stand are also included.

I guess most of the HDTVs can work for computer gaming so just need to look for the features as you want to buy a new TV so that you can get the better TV. Only you will be needing for gaming on your TV is HDTV port which is there in almost all the HDTVs and if not the you may boycott that model. You should only concentrate on the better picture quality of the screen and nothing else.

I wanted to chime in here with my opinion. I've used both for gaming and in my experience Plasma is the way to go. When I owned an LCD, the response time was supposed to be decent enough for gaming, but I could still feel the pixel response lag when playing first person shooters. That's very detrimental especially for those types of games.