Thread: Best cooler for i7-920 that will fit in CoolerMaster HAF-932

Best cooler for i7-920 that will fit in CoolerMaster HAF-932

I need your suggestion for the best CPU heatsink fan for the i7-920 that can actually fit with the CoolerMaster HAF-932. The thing I have finalized is the Noctua NH-U12P, the only reason for choosing this is that this thing comes with its own fans. I am not an expert related to this field hence seeking the advice for the same. The only thing I am worried about is that at the time of overclocking the heatsink from i7-920 will be able to handle that much amount of heat or not.

Re: Best cooler for i7-920 that will fit in CoolerMaster HAF-932

The good thing related to the air coolers is that normally you cannot take the wrong decision about that. Personally I am having Noctua U12P and the same thing I will recommend to you if you are planning to go for any of the coolers available in the market. If you do not want to go for that for any specific reason then the other option you are having is Megahalems and Mugen 2. But the final decision depends only on you.

I am also having the similar question that is related to the configuration at the cooling procedure, to be more precise configuration for the cooling function. Is the fan provided by Intel is good (and silent?). And is what we found for the moment the fan adaptable socket 1366? I am asking this because I have not found and related solution for this thing.

The power supply is largely oversized, even for a CrossFireX on i7. Yes, it works as a couple HD 4850 and HD 4870, in theory anyway. In practice, I do not remember seeing the case here. Rad supplied is of good quality from what I read but obviously there is better. Most interesting are currently Noctua U12P and Cooler Master V8 for socket 1366.

Corsair is a very good brand. Most of the pieces inside are the same as the Seasonic! I would take a HX620W if I were you, to have a little room while not consuming twice what the configuration. For i7 triple channel the better. Is the processor that manages memory and he prefers the triple channel. One more thing it will certainly above average in comparison to a single GPU PC, but 1000W AC is useless honestly.

Already, the tower is avoided open up (especially if there are kids in the neighborhood). Better to rely on good internal ventilation with a closed box. Then, on cooling your i7, I own one myself 3.8GHz and I use the couple Prolimatech Megahalems and Noctua NF-P12 and I am at 38 degree idle and 67 degree after one half-hour OCCT, certainly not given but ultra-efficient.

Finally gently with the Vcore. If too low, you get something just as unstable. And when you say that a good enough fan, absolutely. The Megahelems with the NF-P12 or the Cooler Master V8's are two good fan. I have not overclocked yet because I do not prefer to take risks. The case is a cosmos S. 67 degree is not too much for the processor according to me but the rest of the decision depends on you.