Thread: Antec Sonata good for Overclocking

Antec Sonata good for Overclocking

I am searching for the new system and the thing is in my mind is Antec Sonata. I am thinking of black case that is relatively subtle in looks and it is looking good and the price is also reasonable. The thing I am worried about is that Sonata is the best case for me or not, it will be better if you can provide any related details for it and if possible the please provide the other option if available.

Re: Antec Sonata good for Overclocking

Antec Sonata, this name has become a benchmark in the market for medium-turns. Neat appearance, quality construction, intelligent design, the Sonata has undeniable qualities. But also some shortcomings. We hope to find in this case the tower ATX perfect compact and versatile, having learned from his predecessors. At first, things are looking good: new additional power, and better performance, smoother look, etc.

Just a replacement of two who was himself a one of replacing what, and for the same price, nothing unusual, except that the boxes in this level, aesthetic and delivered with approximate price or $127 or less, there is no 50 on the market. Understandably not break my head too much; it's not as if competitors had put many more interesting products in the face.

We talk corrected default and default which remained. Personally, I bought the Sonata's first name at the time and I found a defect that I found worthy of inclusion. The position of the internal hard disk 3 inches and a half did not allow the time to connect the S-ATA controllers as if we had P-ATA drives, adapter of water / power supply to P-ATA S-ATA cannot be fixed on the back of the drive was that the box could not quit! I hope this was corrected, at least the standard S-ATA is now backup better integrated drives and ATX power supply connectors with these now.

It is roughly 2.5 cm behind the Radeon HD 2900 XT, so not a G8800 GTX, 3 inches longer than the 2900, does not fit, or else the shoehorn. In any case, you say goodbye to the second fan, which would be useful with such a big graphics card. And of course the Geforce longer than the standard does not go through. For Antec has a simple answer: no it not fit.

I return to say that I found a worthy successor, the Sonata 3 on which I dreamed: Thermal take Soprano DX VE7000BWS. It is perfect, almost. The ati 4870 that I made returns without dismounting the HDD cage. The ati 4870 is 24 cm and is quoted a few cents for the 6 pin molex. I recommend this box to those who cannot choose but would have liked the box.

Well ventilated (as long as we take great care has left the clamp on the cables exiting the power supply) Very quiet (fan made adjustable mini PSU is total silence). The only flaw for me by sliding panel to set the motherboard required. But well put this aside a very good product ANTEC is after all. Everything is powered by a PSU EarthWatts 500W universal input and active PFC.