Thread: Getting error message 6C10 while using Canon mp630 printer

Getting error message 6C10 while using Canon mp630 printer

I am facing very weird problems with my Canon MP630 printer. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 operating system. Earlier the computer was installed with Windows XP and the printer used to work properly. Now after installation of Windows 7, the printer is not working. I keep on Getting error message 6C10 while using Canon mp630 printer. I cannot figure out if the Windows upgradation is causing the problem because I have recently changed the cartridges of the printer. What does error 610C mean? Is it due to Windows 7 or because of cartridges? Please help.

Re: Getting error message 6C10 while using Canon mp630 printer

I think the printer is having some hardware issue due to which you are not able to use the printer. Get the printer checked by some technician and if there are any faults in it then try to fix it or get the printer replaced. If the printer is under warranty then take it to nearest Cannon service center and get the printer checked. If there are any faults in it, it will be serviced for free if the printer is under warranty otherwise the some service charge will be levied.

Check if the drivers for the printer are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and working on the computer, right click on My computer and select Device manager. Highlight the installed printer. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then try and update the drivers for the printer and see if it works.

I would suggest you to check if the cartridges of the printer are installed properly or not. If the cartridges of the printer are not installed properly then the printer will not be able to access the cartridges and hence will not be able print from it. Power on the printer and open the LID. Now the Cartridge bank will be visible. Remove the Cartridges and then replace them back again in their respective slots. Once the cartridges are replaced properly, try printing the test page. Hopefully the printer will work properly.

Try resetting the printer and see if the printer is working or not. Printers also have a software installed in it which controls all the function of the printer. This software is known as Firmware. Like any other software the firmware of the printer can also get corrupt. Sometimes the firmware of the printer gets stuck up due to which the computer is not able to access the printer. In such situation the printer has to be reset. To reset the printer, power on the printer and then press and hold the paper feed and power button. Keep the buttons pressed till all the LEDs on the printer glow. Once all the LEDS on the printer glow, release the button and then let the printer restart. Once the printer is reset check if you are able to print using it.

Windows 7 has lot of compatibility issue with many of the manufactures of the device. Because of this incompatibility issue, many of the devices do not work properly on Windows 7. This incompatibility issue is because of lack of drivers which are available for the devices. Visit the official website of the manufacturer of the printer and then download the latest drivers which are available for the model of the printer that you are using and which is supported by Windows 7 operating system. Download and install the supporting drivers and then check the performance of the drivers.

6C10 is a hardware error that is not subject to a fix by the we mere mortals. I was having 1 a month then 1 a week and now I get the error every time I print. You will need to contact a service center for repair or replacement.