Thread: HDMI to SVHS/Composite Converter

HDMI to SVHS/Composite Converter

I am planning to buy a latest notebook in the market the one I am looking for MSI MSI8018 GX720 and this thing is having HDMI output. I think I have to move the LCD TV but the problem is that this will require time more than fourteen months. For that reason I am thinking of using the notebook as the media center. I am having the idea that I have to buy D-Sub to SVHS/Composite Converter. The thing I want to know is that is there any better solution for this.

Re: HDMI to SVHS/Composite Converter

According to me if you want to do that then you will required some powered boxes to be more precise scan converter between the notebooks HMDI output and after that going down to SVHS/composite signal. As far as I know the HMDI is a digital signal at the time of SVHS/Composite since they are analog signals. I hope this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

Currently I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV has a VCR connected by a cable equipped with SCART recessed 8 meters (unfixed) intention I buy a hard disk recorder. How do I connect the TV and recorder with HDMI? Are there processing enterprises Scart to HDMI, so it is possible to unsolder and solder has the SCART instead of HDMI? If anyone has any related reply then let me know about that.

You no longer receive DTT by the livebox but by a TNT type Netgem Netbox. It has a SCART, HDMI and RJ45. Either you buy a SCART adapter > Svideo / RCA. This is not very expensive as an adapter. On one side is the scart and there’s another three RCA (yellow white and red) and a SVideo jack (which looks like a PS2 to PC). It should be the RCA cables.

I had the same problem as you with the livebox. In fact, there are many models and there with an HDMI output. Ask your provider to change the style! So I connected the livebox without problem on my PC screen and everything works fine. For cons, I do not know why but the signal from the livebox is the 50 Hz and the screen conveniently claims of 60. I think I am losing little quality.

Your TV has no SCART is possible is an analog jack that takes the place physically but it is quite possible that there is a "component" three RCA jacks of color which we must add the sound good still red and white RCA, there may still be a yellow RCA jack Composite video driver but a single sound is more like the "composite" with these you stay in analog and you find easily a SCART adapters. If you do not really all that you will have to buy a DVD with HDMI (digital converted).

Without being an expert in the field: SCART = analog, HDMI = High Definition. So if the conversion is, the quality is not necessarily there. A concrete example: I just bought the DVD for my son. Apart from not rewind the VHS, the quality is exactly the same as the VHS because the media has not been premastered. So if you want to take full advantage of HDMI is the dedicated device then you have to go to netbox site. It works well and frankly more, there is an RJ45 to media center.