Thread: SATA dvd writer pc is not booting.

SATA dvd writer pc is not booting.

So now, here is the crux of the problem detailed point by point. I am having a brand new configuration. 1 DVD + 1 + SSD 1HDD, while SATA and I have I selected the DVD drive as first boot device in Bios. The thing is that I want to install Windows 7. But it refuses to boot on the DVD. Here is the message: Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key. Can anyone suggest me solution for this problem.

Re: SATA dvd writer pc is not booting.

Before providing you any solution for the problem you are facing I want to know how you set the SATA mode. If set AHCI "DVD player" is not the right device, that is valid only for SATA IDE. In AHCI mode your DVD player appears in the bottom of the list of boot devices, in its true name. BUT make sure it is not always obvious example for a Samsung drive that can give> TSS corp.

I definitely have a problem with this burner. I bypassed the problem by plugging the boot the old IDE burner wheel. What finally allowed me to install Windows 7? So now I have a PC that starts, but the new drive still does not read discs that I give him. Now, in Win7, I have a message that says: Insert a disk into drive F:. And it no matter what type of CD / DVD I can give. And when I look for this burner in the "Device Manager" AC said that the "device is working properly"

I first begin dismantling the burner LG. Being forced to cut some of Colson and fight to clear the cables, I finally pulled up and redone all the wiring in full. During the operation I discovered a SATA fight the motherboard. But did not you say right away! I finished all reconnect, I turn back on, and hopefully I check the BIOS, restart the computer system but nothing is happening. I do not know what is causing this problem but need the answer for this problem.

It's confirmed, this DVD has definitely a problem. I tested it on my old drive, and nothing to do. Also, I tried another DVD player on my new SATA configuration, and then it works alone. Conclusion: This burner must simply be defective. I have more than to get one another. In any case, thank you for your help and the advice that all you have given for solving the problem.

I mounted my new configuration and everything works as the sata dvd burner is not implemented. When I connect I can boot ubuntu live cd or windows xp in safe mode without problems but when it gets stuck, is to boot Windows normally. I tried on 2 SATA ports (IDE Native Mode), 4 (IDE legacy mode) and on the JMicron controller (IDE mode) nothing. So if someone could get me out of this mess it would be nice it’s just two weeks that I have more reader / writer.

If you can provide more specific details related to your problem then it will better to give a relevant answer. I have a DS4 also as you know, and an E6600. I have a SATA burner, Samsung. I never had any problems. I have my HDD in AHCI on SATA 0 and the drive on SATA 1. In my BIOS I have AHCI and native mode. I disabled the JMicron ports since I do not need.