Thread: 7-pin video connector on AGP card

7-pin video connector on AGP card

I have on my laptop s-video output 7 pin and therefore able to connect my computer to my TV I buy this cable cathodic. But it seems that the composite signal is finally bad bad quality , and that the SCART and much better . If I plug my adapter. RCA - Scart that came with my ps2 not the high end is that the quality will be better, or it takes a higher -end , or so it does not matter to translate the signal RCA Scart. I also wanted to know if the signal s -video to RCA was really poor quality , or if was still passable. Thank you in advance.

Re: 7-pin video connector on AGP card

For two decades, the standard VGA video cable connection from our screens , CRT or LCD . VGA analog transmit signals to the graphics card screens and allows very high definitions 2560 x 2048 ( QSXGA ) in 4 / 3 and 1920 x 1200 in 16 / 9 ( WUXGA ) . The VGA is doomed to disappear in favor of transfer interfaces digital DVI , HDMI or Display Port which allows the transfer of digital signals at high speed needed to stream HD (High Definition). You need to use this.

This connector was introduced with flat panel displays (LCD ) to use digital transmissions. The graphics cards are equipped with VGA and DVI for several years. DVI has other versions : DVI -D digital, analog and DVI -A DVI -I with the two characteristics . This is also the team that the majority of graphics cards, allowing the use DVI / VGA or VGA / DVI.

DVI-D and DVI - I, themselves, are available in single version link and dual link. In version Dual Link , son of the number is multiplied by two , doubling the bandwidth provided to help overcome the maximum resolution ( 1920 x 1200 ) of single link , useful for very large screens . DVI transfer rates of 3.7 Gbit / s single link and 7.5 GHz dual link.

Supported by many industry players (ATI, Nvidia , Dell, HP , Samsung ...), Display Port HDMI should succeed . It provides greater bandwidth for very high resolutions, always including a digital component , to provide a universal audio / video interface very easy to use . The main asset of the Display Port will be the use of fiber optic cables , which , unlike copper , is insensitive to electromagnetic interference and can carry a signal without attenuation over long distances .

I can do but you have two suggestions:
    • They cut the 10 pin connector off and make a 7-pin turn, as described above. The mobile station is thus degraded to a slave station .
    • Get a copy of the entire cable as a spare part of the Marklin Service department. (Open also: Mobile Station , remove old cable, new cable plugged screw , done ).