Thread: Dell Inspiron 6400 with Choppy DVD Audio

Dell Inspiron 6400 with Choppy DVD Audio

My problem is that my computer has no sound this morning by putting DVD and so I went to see what could be her and saw that it was only problem with DVD drive. I tried as best they could and then removed to open the Add Hardware wizard but when the device is detected, the installation terminates but still has the same problem and there is an icon with an exclamation point nearby and a message appears in the bare tool and said a problem occurred during the installation of drive. Please help. I am using Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop.

Re: Dell Inspiron 6400 with Choppy DVD Audio

I am having exactly the same problem, I can burn and play DVDs but I can do anything with CDs. The drive is physically present but I can do anything with. I had a chat with HP technician (mark my pc with this drive), we have to change / upgrade the firmware. Have you found yourself solution to remedy this problem really freeze.

When a CD player - DVD is no longer recognized or malfunctioning, it should uninstall and physically remove the drivers. Restart the machine and shut it down. In this way the system no longer detects the device. Remount the CD-DVD. Start the machine. The system will detect the drive as a new device. Then just follow the instructions and install the drivers.

Rather than buying a hypothetical live CD of the concert, it is possible to extract the audio tracks of DVD. This is what makes DVD Audio Extractor, You need to use it.
    -Extraction: The audio ac3, dts, mpa cfm or can be extracted and copied as is on the computer.
    -Conversion: The ripped tracks can then be converted to mp3 or ogg, but also in flac and wave to preserve the original sound capability.
    -Burning: DVD Audio Extractor allows more directly burn an audio CD containing the tracks of the DVD.

You need to make sure the player compatibility with existing video formats. The encoding options are wide, the compatibility test drive with multiple video formats, photo (slideshow) and audio, is paramount. Your portable DVD player must be able to decode the formats. Example: DivX, MPEG4 (video), Dolby Digital, MP3, WMA (audio), JPEG photos (slideshow). All video formats (eg avi) are not decoded: it is possible, with some utilities (such as Nero) to convert these formats to make them readable (eg VCD).

If you follow the steps in the section Verifying volume settings Dumb and failed to make the sound of the speakers of laptop audible test audio devices as follows:
    1. Double-click the Sound icon in the taskbar, then select Mixer to display controllers for all audio applications.
    2.Click Start , type Sound into the search field, then select Sound when the option appears in the list.
    3. Make sure the speakers are set as default device and they are activated.
    4. If the sound of loudspeakers is disabled , click the right mouse button on speakers , then select Enable .
    5. Click the right mouse button on Speakers , then click Test . The sound from the speakers of the laptop should be audible.
    6. If this is not the case, click Configure to verify the operation of each speaker individually.