Thread: What do i need to get SSD drive in desktop

What do i need to get SSD drive in desktop

The SSD main advantage of using less energy and thus ensure greater autonomy when it is not industry , but also be less fragile. Does not have mechanical parts, they are less sensitive to shock than conventional hard drives . Finally, the DSS accelerate the performance of the machine that uses them, either at startup or launch PC applications. I want to know that what do i need to get SSD drive in desktop Please help.

Re: What do i need to get SSD drive in desktop

The SSD, Now V Series, based on the Intel X25 - X , according to Kingston offers a recording speed of 40MB / s and a read speed of 170MB / s , two very respectable speed . According to preliminary tests , it seems especially effective in comparison with random write ( small files of 4 KB ) , which is actually good news , since in any case , it should not be used to store large files ( performance at the sequential write seems rather disappointing ).

But the SSD is expensive or very expensive . Thus , the Compaq dc7800 Ultra - Slim is offered by HP for the price of 1258 dollars ( approximately 856 Euros) with an SSD of 16 GB as against 709 dollars for the base version equipped with only one hard drive 70 GB SATA Despite the price, for HP, the interest of the DSS is also relevant in its desktop PC in its phones. According to our colleagues at Computerworld , the manufacturer would even increase the number of such machines with hard drives , particularly with higher capacities , 32 and 64 GB.

I have demonstrated that the use of an SSD drive actually causes a decrease in overall power consumption of a computer system , but in limited proportions . HP could not be satisfied with the SSD and adds, in its Compaq dc7800 and dc5800 , a diet which reach 85 % electrical efficiency and a number of technologies and standby Advanced Management of Energy. The replacement of a HDD by a DSS model has a considerable cost.

We find the simple design of a DSS. While a hard disk is composed of plateaus which are scraping the read heads , a SSD simplistic summary to a PCB with chips , here numbered 10 . Eight of these chips are the chips used in NAND flash data storage. This type of chip with the reference Samsung SLC K9NCG08U5M . For make no mistake, OCZ does not SSD but merely, like other brands. Skill , affix its logo on a disc designed and produced by the Korean manufacturer . To return to this fleas SSD storage , they are SLC type , which means Single Layer Chip (chip single- layer) as opposed to serving MLC Multiple Layer Chip.