Thread: Computer only starts while holding reset button and pressing start

Computer only starts while holding reset button and pressing start

I am having Dell computer system was working fine but from last two days it is giving me weird problem the problem is that computer only starts if I press the reset button and then press the start button. If I do not follow this process my computer system does not start at all. I am having good power supply; hence one thing is for sure that the problem is not related to power supply. Whatever may be the problem I just want to know the solution for the problem that I am facing?

Re: Computer only starts while holding reset button and pressing start

I am also facing similar problem with my computer system, I have tried to unplug and then plug the entire thing on my computer system but that result to nothing. The only thing is working for me is that if I am holding the reset button and then pressing the power button then it is working well, but if I am leaving the reset button the computer system just shuts down.

The problem that you have described is related to some kind of lose connection on your computer system. You just need to make sure that the wires from the from the front panel are perfectly connection to the motherboard of your computer system. According to you should also check for the other lose connection on your computer system?

Before providing you any solution it will be better if you can give me configuration of the system that you are having. Previously I was also facing similar problem, for solving this I have unplugged my four pin CPU plug and then clean it with a blower and then the problem is resolved for. I am not sure that this will help you to solve the problem but you can try this for solving your problem.

Thanks for the solution that you have given but unfortunately that does not help me to solve me the problem that I am facing. Just for your information I have checked and rechecked all the connections and according to me they are placed in the right position, I mean that they are connected perfectly. But then also it is not resolving the problem that I am facing.

I have tried all the measure that I can do for solving the problem but that does not help me to solve this problem. Here are some measures that I have tried to solve the problem, I have plugged and unplugged all the things, I have also cleaned out the fans and also reconnected all the things back, but still the same problem. I am thinking of buying a new power supply unit for my system. I am just hopping that this will solve the problem that I am facing

The only thing I can suggest you is to replace the power supply unit of your computer system, if that also does not solve your problem then you can call the customer support and ask them to help for problem that you are facing. But in this case the only problem is that your computer system should be under warranty period. If your computer system is in warranty period then there is no problem your problem will be resolved by the company.