Thread: NVidia BIOS flashing

NVidia BIOS flashing

There are opportunities on goggle to update the bios Nvidia graphics card ( here for me the 6800 Ultra), But these bios are not available on the manufacturer's site ? Why? A sympathetic editor bios langue update there 's not too long ago . This site contains a lot of bios of CGs ( especially nvidia ). Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: NVidia BIOS flashing

First, neither ATI nor Nvidia bios does happen for the simple reason that it does not make graphics card but the GPU only. The maps are constructed by third parties, which in turn develops the bios . Flashing the bios on a graphics card has nothing to do with the flash of a motherboard, the complexity of it unrelated. The only utility is to free the GPU functionability blocked by the assembler of the map, or to " unleash " the settings pipellines or voltage. These bios are made by enthusiasts , not by companies.They are to use knowingly , as that can make the card unusable.

Flashing the bios of the card is nothing scary or dangerous for the card, In my company we are often led to flash the bios cards matrox dual -screen , and Matrox provided these patches. I have a big issue with my 6800 in which the pilot enters an infinite loop during the first two starts of windows ( so I have to wait 2 to use my pc reboots ). But this does not always solve the fact that Nvidia does not release the bios.

Dell has updated the Bios of a dozen of his LaptopsIn order to circumvent any problems running what were likely to meet users equipped with NVIDIA graphics cards . In early July , Nvidia admitted , when reporting its financial results , that some series of mobile GPUs might be some risk of abnormal heating . A provision of approximately 200 million dollars had been made on this occasion, to deal with any costs incurred by the return of the machinery concerned as collateral

Check the Bios settings are correct. Try the following Bios settings ( enable / disable settings as shown below - some options may be possible for the BIOS of your system )
    Video Bios Shadow
    Video BIOS Cacheable
    System BIOS Cacheable
    C8000 xxxxx Shadow

Try disable all these values .

Read the checklist :
    # Make sure there is no graphics card or graphics processor installed in your system. If possible , restart in Safe Mode , delete and reinstall the drivers Detonator3 .
    # Make sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard and BIOS . You can get these updates from your motherboard manufacturer .
    # Make sure the AGP connector meets the specifications for the AGP version 2.0 , especially regarding the power of AGP . Check these conditions from your card manufacturer .
    # Sidebanding : disable .