Thread: IBM Thinkpad Keyboard not working

IBM Thinkpad Keyboard not working

I am using ibm thinkpad keyboard but I got some problems when I am using its keyboard. On my Thinkpad keyboard some keys are not working propely like space, shift. I am facing big trouble because of this. If any one have any suggestion regarding this please post here. It's urgent.

Re: IBM Thinkpad Keyboard not working

The problems you are facing with your keyboard it's because of dust. Clean the dust of your keyboard which is not working properly by using compress air blower. After doing this, if your keyboard is not working you have to change your keyboard or use on screen keyboard. If you don't want to use on screen keyboard attached a usb keyboard. It will solve your keyboard problem.
    Last edited by Ninja-X; 23-08-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Hello,
    You are facing this problem because you have lock your keyboard. Change your keyboard setting so you will be able to use your keyboard. Clean your keyboard carbon. Just open your keyboard safely remove your key from your keyboard take a rubber and clean the carbon. You find your keyboard is working. If this will not solve your problem repair your keyboard from hardware engineers.

Just check your keyboard wire properly plugged or not . If it is not plugged remove and plug in correctly and check it is working or not. If it's still not working then remove and again plug in. When you plug in your keyboard wire just check your keyboard pin are not damage. If it damage try to repair it. When you repair after that again plug in your keyboard, if the problem persist then post back.
    Last edited by Hitman22; 23-08-2010 at 06:01 PM.

When you are using your keyboard avoid pressing shift key again and again. It will block keyboard for sometime after that it will work properly. You have to wait till that time. It is not confirmed that for how long your keyboard will be locked. Sometimes it happen because of viruses it slows down your pc. So, It take time to print the output onto the screen.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever