Thread: Acer Aspire EasyStore H340 catastrophic problems

Acer Aspire EasyStore H340 catastrophic problems

I am working with a brand new Acer Aspire EasyStore H340 Windows Home Server box with three 1TB hard drives in this ... I am able to connect this with my network and configure this up without any single problems, but after some times,it drops off the network, the tray icon converted into the gray and then after I am not getting any way through which I can be able to think about this t get connect to this again.

The only time the server is accessible is if I tag a paper clip within the reset hole and use Acer's Server Recovery DVD to perform the re-installation of system software, that is functioning very well every time and then the similar issue got occurred .

Re: Acer Aspire EasyStore H340 catastrophic problems

This is really seems as very weired issue and in this case, you need to go for the experts and if it can be possible to go for the official help means the tech support team can be helpful for you in this case then it will be better for you.

I would suggest you to contact the Acer tech support. I would have to assume that you received some worst hardware and consult them for replacement if you are under warranty period .

Thanks for the suggestion to go for the tech support ..Before connection got zortched in the same stage , I was capable to go for the Remote Desktop in and perform the installation of Power Pack 2... It, coupled with the installation of new Connector program which is provided with the PP2 on my primarily configured machine , and removing Acer's proprietary media sharing software that was crashing anyway and it seems to be functioning for now.

I am having the issues with the backup programs as there displays to be a limitation on the file size for the backups. I have a lot of files >1Gb in size (i.e. Outlook mail *.pst files, DVD VOB files and so on) and these will move into the hang the backup and your machine and will need a hard reboot. I have deleted those directories from the backup and all are assumes as functioning , but I now have to consider this out how to backup sch type of files as some of them seems complex just as the email folders and video files.

Hi buddy ! If you are still getting interacted with the same issue then it could be associated with the RealTek 8111 drivers. I could not get the large capable files ( which is more larger than 1GB) from a Centos server. I could write to the specified server properly without any issues .
    The problem was fixed by replacing the RealTek driver with an R1868 driver on the Centos server. This similar issue could affect your scenario, if the system(s) you are doing the back up have that chipset.

Another testing that I have done onto the Windows Home Server PP2 on the Acer Easystore H340 has found that if file capability specified or <700Mb I have not had any type of issues there . This indicates that the backup can be done in the efficient manner and without error prone environment . Outlook PST files should be controlled to reduce the capability either by compacting them or by splitting them within the another files for archiving.