Thread: Installation failed - Error Code 0x8007048f

Installation failed - Error Code 0x8007048f

I am just upgrading from the trial version of Windows Home Server and received the error message : "The drive is not connected (0x8007048f)" . I have finished to go with the following:
    • Used different DVD drive for the doing re-installation.
    • Moved back to the actual RAM configuration (I had associated more RAM after making the installation of the trial version)..

Is this reasonable to consider that the drives would not be formatted since it is a type of re-installation ? Anymore suggestion regarding this problem and error message occurred ?

Re: Installation failed - Error Code 0x8007048f

I also got the same issue before and it was discussed before by some experts . Actually, the installation got failed close to the end at the step known as C:windows/system32/cscript.exe

After getting failed , I was able to perform the installation of drivers for the near about four port Sata Raid card that I had installed properly - this made the two drives connected visible and the files are also accessible. I then rebooted the system(with the installation disk within the DVD drive and the installation finished properly .

I continuously receiving the error code and the installation got failed in the middle ... I am still not sure about the message and what is is indicating after searching a lot , but it seems suggesting proper memory supports. The issue is that I am trying to perform the installation of Windows 7 on 50GBs that should be plenty and I am still receiving the same error and the installation of autocancels. I am trying to finish the downloading of different version but if someone has any procedure to manage this error .

I have seen some practises and got something but I am not sure about this where you got that error message as being related with the memory operation ?

0x8007048F = ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED - The device is not connected.

We require some more infrormation about the location for installation and in which way, you preferred to commit the installation of Windows 7, such as the system specs, clean or upgrade install, dual boot, etc. I hope, it would be helpful for you to consider more about the issues .

Memory considered as the RAM memory , it is not just because of the hard drive, and the system requirements as 1 GB is required (although I am not sure if that is the hard limit as I have never used anything less than that).

On other hand, also be sure that you are running with the appropriate physical memory onto the 50 GB hard drive for installation and temporary files...Mostly about 20 GB of free space.