Thread: Print jobs are stuck in the queue and not printed on a printer on Windows Vista

Print jobs are stuck in the queue and not printed on a printer on Windows Vista

I am having the problems using the HP LaserJet 1018 Printer on Windows Vista. I have recently switched my operating system, before I was using Windows XP in which printer doesn't gave any problem. So I am not able to make out whether the problem is residing in operating system or the printer. Actually the problem is that the print jobs are stuck in the queue and not printed on a printer on Windows Vista. In XP it worked flawlessly. So I am expecting some immediate response from your side.

Re: Print jobs are stuck in the queue and not printed on a printer on Windows Vista

Solutions of this question narrate to the problem of print jobs that get jammed in the print queue (a record of tasks waiting to be printed) in a product with a USB connection in Windows Vista. The following indications may convoy this quandary:
    1. Check the USB cable
    2. Check the driver and printer port
    3. Determine if the printer is paused or offline
    4. Empty the spool
    5. Restart the print queue
    6. Check Software

Re: Print jobs are stuck in the queue and not printed on a printer on Windows Vista

If you ever installed a artifact over HP in the computer, the product may not be the default printer has been configured or the erroneous print driver. Follow these steps to ensure the printer driver settings.
    1. On the Windows taskbar, click the icon in Windows ( ), tick Control Panel, and then click Printers. Will open the Printers folder.
    2. Situate the green check mark ( ) Next to the icon of the product. The check mark indicates which product is the default printer for Windows.
    3. If the product is distinct as the default is not correct, click the right mouse button on the icon of the right product, click Set as default printer, and continue to the subsequently step.
    4. Click the right mouse button on the icon that corresponds to your product and then click Properties. This opens the Printer Properties window.
    5. Click the Ports tab.
    6. Find a product in the Description column and then look at the ports on the left column. There should be a check mark next to the DOT4 port or USB00X (where X is the port number).
    7. Look in the Printer column and make sure the product in the list matches your product. This indicates that the printer driver is correct.

The following steps would be useful to check determine if the printer is paused or offline :
    1. First you will have to click the right mouse button on the product name and click Open.
    2. Then you will have to click Printer.
    3. In the menu bar of the print queue, click Printer and then look in the Pause menu items and use print printer offline.
    4. Also you will have to make sure there is no check mark next to any of them. If a check mark next to any of them, click to remove it.

It often happens that for some reason or another, the print queue is "locked" with a job that does not print but refuses to be eliminated. Happens to me at least once a month. Fortunately, there are applications such as Stalled Printer Repair, which are responsible for releasing the print queue so that we can resume our tasks without engaging in a struggle for 20 minutes with the printer software and the vagaries of Windows. SPR is free, portable, and works only on Windows. So you can give a try with this application.