Thread: Print jobs getting stuck in the queue

Print jobs getting stuck in the queue

I have a queue of print jobs that are stuck in. I have disabled and enabled the queue, and lpshut lpsched the print spooler, and killed a suspect corruption work. But new applications still stuck. I can ping the printer DNS without any problems. I have implemented using USB printer laser printers servers connected to a SCO server. Sometimes print jobs get stuck on the queue and I haven't found a way to get the printer back to work without canceling the job and restart the system. Please help in solving my issue.

Re: Print jobs getting stuck in the queue

So lpshut, cancellation of employment, and lpstart not get the spooler working again? Kill everything in the queue, reset a JetDirect server if one is involved, and make sure that the queue is not far. If the queue may be disabled at the target host, not yours. I am sure that this will work for you.

Try / usr / lib / lpshut stop the print service, then / usr / lib / lpsched to raise, rather than restarting the system after the cancellation of the job still shows on the printer lpstat-t. Also I would like to ask that do you use PCL commands?? Is that all print files have CRLF line termination?? Have you <esc> & K2G in the escape sequence (LF to CRLF transforms)??

Also I would like to ask that do you use PCL commands??
    Yes, I use the PCL commands, however, I am not sure CRLF. Today, employment has stopped again, I stopped and began printing services before and after the loss of jobs, but he did nothing, I had to cancel all jobs and restart the server.

Is that all print files have CRLF line termination?? Have you <esc> & K2G in the escape sequence (LF to CRLF transforms)??
    How do I get this information? I am not having any idea about it.

Are you using the printer model HPLaserJet? Do you send materials and text files to the printer? To find the content of the print files to add a "PC" statement to the driver file in / usr / spool / lp / admins / lp / interfaces to save a copy somewhere, and then examine the file using "vi" or anything. See also what the escape sequences printer model could add to the workflow if the echo statements.

I am sure that you are working on the HP LaserJet.!! It is not likely that the problem is caused by the content. Can you try the following.
    1. Connect the printer to a network workstation running Microsoft Windows and then install the printer on the SCO as a network printer, using either VisionFS or Samba.
    2. Second, even if the problem persists, you will not have to reboot the server, and if this does not happen again, you can probably assume the problem is somewhere in the USB driver or firmware.