Thread: Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 Problem

Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 Problem

I messed up worst when moving the components things around in my situation. When I moved to go for the re-connection of my drives, I accidentally plugged the power cable in the incorrect method with my drive. I started up my machine , and heard some crackling and smelled the smoke and then seemed what I had finished . The pcb is dead that I figured out . I took the pcb off of the same and inserted the same within on my plus 9. It powered up, but of course unable to be read in the BIOS. When I switched on then I found a lot of ticking noises.

Re: Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 Problem

I have read a lot about this which can be the TVS diodes are worst. Can somebody tell me from my image where such type of diodes are so I am able to try and delete them out ? I have nothing to loose with this board and by the way as it is fried. Can somebody maybe circle the diodes and post this again for me to get this ? I have no suggestion regarding the same , where they are stored . I have studied about the power connector, that is about all I am sure.

Thanks !

I don't have so advance knowkledge about this and nor an master person for this specific hard drive section , but we do have some guys who is on the Hardware team. I will get the suggestion from them and then i will look for your problem, because he have enough knowledge regadring the drives to suggest you which direction you have to move . When he comes back on, according to me, he will stop and look at your query.

I need to for trying to replacing the pcb attached with my worst drive with one from a fine one drive to go for the recovery of the data from the incapable drive. I have queried about the same to Seagate/Maxtor tech support regarding the compatibility with the pcb boards from various capacity drives (i.e. 40GB, 80GB, 120GB, 160GB, etc.). I just needed to find out from them that drives I could work with . I don't think that the answers they provided me. Can someone make me sure or refute the same ?

I guess that they would deny that there is any hope it will move fine . If you visit onto the Drivesavers dot com then you will find that they not only move to swap the PCB but at times replace a burnt chip or section on the PCB in the attempt to have the data back.

All interactive components and all great stories to reinforce that age previous problems of backup. And I just thinking that anything within the 5 figures cheap. One time we got over 24,000 US for the data recovery. Everything came back. If you have any confusion regarding this and it's value then I will share it was medical history.