Thread: Disk dissapeared from system

Disk dissapeared from system

In some case, my another connected hard drive got invisible from Windows Explorer and I am unable to find this until I reboot the system . It contains the capacity of 80GB Maxtor 6Y80P0 7200rpm ide drive (not SATA) and it is my another hard drive which I have dedicated only for the video Editing (this is not my bootable disk ).

This only does the same in the random manner - there is no pattern recognized yet - I am virus free. Rebooting resolves the issue . This maybe does the same when system has been turned on for a while but there is no power associated configurations indicate and this should turned off (Hard disks are configured with the turn off after 30 minutes but I assume the both).

Re: Disk dissapeared from system

hi guys ! I am running in the same issue and the same workaround I also receive an error message in some case,it is stating about the Error message as F:\System Volume Information (F: is concerned with HDD) and currently My Symantec AV has told me that it has removed a file suggested as A0030647.exe (seems like a randomly created virus file to me). It states as this fule stored within the location F:\System Volume Information\ Restore then some numbers. I will try to format the entire hard drive and I hope , it will be feasible in this case ?

Fine , it got invisible from the device manager (Windows XP Pro SP2) but again displayed on the rebooting of the same (I have not moved into check the BIOS on restarting though. Do you know about method of checking the BIOS without restarting (as restarting resolves the issue )? I haven't lose any data when it happens...

The virus that i got was backdoor.trojan but symantec's security redirected page stated nothing regarding such type of issues . I have re-formatted and will get if it will be helpful in this case (although issue seems to be generated when system is left idle for sometimes).

In case, if your connected drive still not shown up into the system windows after completely formatting and IDE cable replaced , I would started to suspecting that the issue can be from the motherboard unless the second one hard disk is placed on the primary cable jumpered as the slave than you are having issue with the hard disk as you are running with an intermittent issue and that would be complex to diagnose as it does not always come into the case..

It seems as the hard disk is getting failed. You are able to check this out by finding into your system applied log.

-Make a right click on my computer and then after choose manage.
    -Double click on the event viewer and then after choosing the system.
    -From the description field , look for anything which says DISK.
    -If you find one and it contains a red circle X then make a double click on the same to read the information .

Moved into the Event Viewer and the error source for the error was PlugPlayManager and suggests as suggested following . According to me, the issue got removed and now it seems as it should be related to the motherboard. I issued the command as CHDSK but when I redirected back, I didn't find any window there!

The device 'Maxtor 6Y080P0' (IDE\DiskMaxtor_6Y080P0__________________________YAR41BW0\3259514551454533202020202020202020202020) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

I am running with the exaxct issue as well. I attached two drives off of the IDE controller (booting off SATA drive) and when I am going to perform some fairly intensive file operations (clrmamepro with so many small files) I received the similar message and the event lot error. One hard disk is a WD and the another is supposed as Maxtor. I don't think, it has anything to perform with the hard disk themselves but some annoying Windows issues are getting occurred .