Thread: Matrix RAID problem - offline member disks

Matrix RAID problem - offline member disks

I am running with a Matrix RAID configuration with the Intel Matrix Storage Controller. There are two same hard drives with the RAID1 and RAID0... Currently, I shut down the machine and I am unable to boot because the RAID BIOS does not get the RAID configuration... It states that .. Raid none defined. And it got both the hard drives but in RAID as "Offline member".

If I issue within the BIOS CTRL+I. I am running with the following options:

1: Create RAID Volume
    (it states that there is no space to made a raid...) But also with the manual procedure, I see that if you have created a raid then it states that entire data will be lost.

2: Delete RAID Volume
    The entire data would be lost.. there is no option

3: Reset disks to non-RAID
    Entire RAID structure will be lost. If I perform this and then made the raid again ? Is that the data lost ? I don't need to perform anything until sure..
    4: Exit

Re: Matrix RAID problem - offline member disks

I finished the formatting procedure of my first drive to nothing but I don't remember about my second which had xp64 on the same when my system was built for windows vista ultimate and then I inserted back the disk of Windows Xp on this. So, I am sure what your are considering ... I am not so bright..???

So.. what I am going to perform this to get rid of entire Multiple Personality disorder's......!!!! So I am trying to move back and clean out and formate entire drives.. I Choose entire drive and made the same as non-raid but when the operating system disk my actual and licensing of Windows vista ultimate my other drive still had not been formated . So, it provided me the option to perform so.. So I have selected the format..

Not going so much clear what your settings are within the fdrives in a raid config or to independent drives. Download the hard drive manufacturer's tools and move for the varification for both of the drives are physically intact. Then zero wipe the drives with the killdisk or d-ban to begin with the formatted drive. This is not hardly fair to blame MS for system related problems when you are working with the installation of the fake and hacked version of the operating system For example.. Windows XP Black, Verify, zero wipe, just be sure that your controller configs are fine and try to go the same again.

Hi guys, after making a restart of my computer system , my entire hard drives within the raid moving the offline members. I have used to move for IDE mode, but they are not able to read entirely . I also have tried working with a bootable disk to boot within the windows pe but they are still not able to read the same . So,I am stuck here and is my whole data have been lost ?I need some help .Do you have anymore suggestion ...

For the raided drive, the system will not able to detect the same when running within the specified IDE mode. You need to go for the RAID mode as enabled , you have to try to go with the Ctrl-I while booting to move into the BIOS Intel Raid screen to find out the status of the raided drive . I would recommend you go for checking the connected cables and reset ever with the mobo and drive side.

I am working intel's matrix Raid with two seagate SATA drives within the RAID 0. I was working with some stability checking on my front side bus overclock, and I moved to one mhz that is looking so high and the thing had errors and restarted to save itself. It is looking common. However, when I restarted (it is only the second restart, mind you), one of my raid disks is currently listed as the "offline member".

The issue with the raid 0 ,there is no redundancy and hence no any method to reconstruct your data once from one of the drives got failed. You need to go for starting over again. Raid 5 supposed a fine option working with the third drive as a parity bit, after all if one drive is getting failed then you just have to change this immediately and the array will rebuilt itself.