Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

WD Caviar Green vs WD Caviar Black

Hardware Peripherals

Old 14-08-2010

WD Caviar Green vs WD Caviar Black

I am looking to buy a hard disk from my computer. I have heard about the Western Digital hard disc but it comes in many types but I have decided to buy any one from Caviar Green or Caviar Black. I want to know what are difference between in these two hard drive and which one is better for me. Please help me to solve my problem.

Old 14-08-2010

Re: WD Caviar Green vs WD Caviar Black

There are just over a year , caused a sensation in Western Digital Caviar Green Power launching , a hard disk with a rotational speed anachronistic 5400 rpm and geared low / silent operation. A model that quickly became a reference for disk storage . Today , his challengers are numerous and have surpassed . The manufacturer then responds by launching a new version, the Caviar Green PowerWD10EADS.
Old 14-08-2010

WD has done everything possible to ensure the domination of the Black Edition : The disc contain 32 MB of cache, which may explain some of the excellent results obtained , trays operating at the typical speed (7200 rpm ) and several additional features. The items mentioned a dual processor to increase performance , a new anti-vibration mechanism ( StableTrac ) security to prevent contact between the read head and the surface of the tray ( NoTouch ramp load technology) . Models 1 TB and 750 GB are the only ones to be designed well.
Old 14-08-2010

Our colleagues from Presence- PC focused on the hard disk West Digital Caviar Green Power. This disc was announced a few weeks ago and has a storage capacity of 1TB But that's not all. According to WD, the WD Caviar Green Power is an environmentally friendly hard drive. Why green? I invite you to read the test of PPC for knowledge.
Old 14-08-2010

The new WD Caviar Black takes over No ' Another matter which drive 7200 rpm / O performance , a particularly significant profiles database and file server . The Caviar Black offers good maximum throughput read / write, 106 MB / s, without being able to beat the Samsung Spinpoint F1 is the reference here for almost nine months.
Old 17-08-2010

The Caviar Green 2TB model WD20EADS , is a conventional hard disk 3.5-inch. It uses a connection type SATA 300 MB / s with support for Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and equip itself with 32 MB of cache. It is part of a full range of options when capacity 500 GB, 640 GB, 750 GB, 1 TB have a 16MB cache and 1TB versions, 1.5TB and 2 TB of cache 32 MB we note in passing that the 1TB version is available with 16 or 32 MB of cache.
Old 18-08-2010

The Caviar Black is an excellent example of the importance of performance in absolute terms in the ratio of performance per watt. The Caviar Black is not a model of energy economy is a fact, because it uses more sleep than the Deskstar 7K1000.B . Despite this, it is less greedy than the Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 , Samsung Spinpoint F1 RAID and non- former Deskstar 7K1000 in most tests . On our two test profiles for consumption, which include I / O operations such workstation and continuous flow readings , the results are only average , but the disc takes the top spot with the same tests when the link between performance and consumption is done .

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,