Thread: Windows 7 cannot find .inf printer driver for Canon Pixma iP4000 wired to Windows XP

Windows 7 cannot find .inf printer driver for Canon Pixma iP4000 wired to Windows XP

I have a laptop which has Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I am trying to connect the same to a network printer. I found on the Canon site provides updated driver for Windows 7 and I installed the same. The printer is Canon Pixma iP4000. Sometime the printer does not appear in the system. Many time in between I got a error message saying that Windows 7 cannot find .inf printer driver.

Re: Windows 7 cannot find .inf printer driver for Canon Pixma iP4000 wired to Windows XP

Before handling the same change the settings to display hidden folders. Then go into the device manager and look for your printer. Then simply right click on the same and choose update the driver. Let Windows search for the best driver. It is better if you have internet connection so that Windows can get updates for the same. Once got reboot your system and then check back.

Re: Windows 7 cannot find .inf printer driver for Canon Pixma iP4000 wired to Windows XP

I had a similar problem by installing the same in my system. I followed the same advice for the printer and got An error occurred during the installation of the device saying that a service installation section in this INF file is not valid. I am trying to reinstall my Lexmark printer after reformatting the entire system but the installation stops and the printer is not completely installed.

My problem is quite simple and some what similar to your. I have a 64bit server which should serve as the printer server. It shares the printers that it installed for all customers. Being 64-bit architecture, it only supports 64-bit drivers for the printer. When a client with a PC running on 32 bit operating system try to access they get a error message. Windows tells that it does not find a compatible driver.

I have exactly the same problem as you. I think that it should install all the drivers needed to run the printer on the PC which it is connected. According to your case that you should install on your desktop computer drivers for Windows 7 and it is necessary to choose a 64 bit drivers for the same. Then you can also share the printer on the network without any error issue.

In fact the driver is installed in my system but in Windows 7 it does not pick up that have these drivers that come with this printer As proof I connected the printer to a networked PC with Vista and I set the same on sharing. When installing the printer on the network that was on my PC running Windows 7 I get the same printer driver issue. I had use the disc for the same and the printer is working nicely now.

As I managed to use the printer on Windows 7 on the network I had the driver disc for the same. Right click on printer Printer Properties and then share the same. So I reconnected the printer locally and I have installed a driver can another printer whose driver was already in Windows by default. Suddenly the printer appeared in the control panel but under a different name because it is not the right driver. Then for that right click on Properties of the printer and then go to Advanced tab and changed the driver.