Thread: Microphone bug on Windows 7

Microphone bug on Windows 7

I just installed Windows 7 on my computer and the software is really nice. After installation all thing works well but there is some serious problem in that. I had set all the stuff in automatic configuration of Windows and I had installed a controller SPDIF for audio. But the trouble is that my hardware does not have SPDF, which means that I have no sound. I had plug speakers or headphones but nothing works.

Re: Microphone bug on Windows 7

For that you must right right click the volume icon and then click on playback devices. Now you must have at least two icons DIGITAL AUDIO S / PDIF and Speakers. After that just right click on Speakers and select Set as default device. This are normally good settings which work in most of the case. But if the same does not work then you will need to update your sound drivers.

To be exact, when I install my sound drivers everything works. I am having soundmax on P5E motherboard. But when I restart my computer, my soundmax drivers have been uninstalled and then the Windows 7 drivers does not work here anymore. From there, the system does not consider the HDMI sound output and as I use a headphone for the same. But nothing works there.

I had installed windows 7 64bit edition in full this morning. Here everything works perfectly except the sound. I have 2.1 speakers attached to the system. It works on realtek drivers. I had found the driver for the same from the official site of my motherboard. But when I chat online I can hear sound, but the front guy cannot listen to the same. The voice is extremely low there.

For those who have the same problem in Windows 7 for now sound need to update the drivers for the same. There is bug for some specific model of motherboard. You might need to check for the proper driver update. Disconnect your audio device and then run Windows update. You might get some driver update in the Windows update. If that does not work then test the devices on other system.

I am getting issue since I had Windows Seven. The Peripheral audio output does not work at all there. I am playing a online game and I chat with my friends via game. I can hear them but they cannot hear my voice. I tested the same on yahoo messenger the same issue is there. What can be done here and what should I do. I need help for the same. My headphone is working well.

I also installed Windows 7 64Bit one week ago. I do not have the same problem as you are facing. There is some serious bug in Windows 7 related to the sound. Click on Start and then click on Control Panel. Then double-click on Sounds and Audio Devices. On the window that opens, click on the tab Hardware and go to properties. On the page go down and choose use this device.

i am in the same boat !