Thread: HP Multi-function printers may not work as expected after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7

HP Multi-function printers may not work as expected after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7

I was using Windows Vista before and then I had upgraded to Windows 7. I had installed the same and now my printer is not working. I am finding much issue on the same. I had even tried to install the drivers for the same but nothing works there. I am getting error and the printer is not found on the same. Is there solution for the same. I even cannot downgrade the same back. Now the other option is to install Vista on Dual boot.

Re: HP Multi-function printers may not work as expected after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7

This is a very common issue with HP printer where the printer stops working after upgrading directly from Windows Vista to Windows 7. The problem is that HP Solution has not update for this. Due to that the basic libraries required for the printer to run is not available at the time of upgrade. To do that just run Windows update and search for KB 975897. This update has fix for the same.

Re: HP Multi-function printers may not work as expected after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7

Download and install HP Device software for this. This tool will help you to troubleshoot printer issue. You can re update the driver back from Device Manager and then check it whether the same is working or not. Or go to hp site and search for Windows 7 compatible drivers. If the model is not too old them you might get driver update for the same. This is the easy way to fix the same.

The problem is similar to Xerox Multi Function printer. Here I have one in my office and due to this upgrade issue the scanner stopped working. My printer spooler service does not start at all. I will here not recommend others to run a upgrade process for the same. Or else you might need to install Windows Vista on virtual box to run the printer like how you it in older times.

Click on Start and then click on Devices and Printers. This panel will display the devices and printers attached to your system. In this window are grouped the icons for the most explicit of all devices connected to your computer, they are physically connected by cable that can be via usb for example or any wireless connected in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. You must see your printer here.

There are some devices for which need specific drivers to get listed in the Device Stage feature panel of devices and printers. Its role is to facilitate exchanges between memory devices and hard disk of your computer. You can simply then right click on the device and make it work. But still if you cannot find the printer in your system then try to re-install it.

Try this basic solution. First click on Start and then click on Control Panel and double-click Devices and Printers. Then click on Add a Printer. Now from here select Add a local printer and then click on Create a new port. Then choose Local Port as the type of the port. In the box Enter a port name and then type the network address. Choose the correct driver in the driver list.