Thread: Hauppauge TV PVR PCI II tuner not found after upgrade to Windows 7

Hauppauge TV PVR PCI II tuner not found after upgrade to Windows 7

I just changed the configuration of my PC. I am on Windows7 64-bit. I have a P5Q turbo motherboard. My TV tuner card is Hauppauge TV PVR PCI II tuner is not detected in Windows 7. I had tested this already on a old machine where it is working fine. If the card is not detected then I cannot run my TV on that. I need help for this. Or else I can go for newer card that can work on Windows 7.

Re: Hauppauge TV PVR PCI II tuner not found after upgrade to Windows 7

I have the same problem for a Leadtek WinFast TV 2000. I was using Windows PX and then later on I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit. After the upgrade the card simply disappeared. I was also not able to install the drivers in Windows 7. I had also visited the official site for driver but that too does not work. After searching a list of products I found that this card is not compatible with Windows 7.

The TV Tuner card which you had mentioned is compatible with Windows 7. You can go o Microsoft site where you will find section for TV Card compatibility. You can view one of those related to your hardware and use the same in your system. You can switch to some newer versions of TV Tuner card which comes with Windows 7 drivers and work on smooth on Windows system.

I think your drivers are missnig and due to that the card is not detected in the system. Do this right click on My Computer and then click on properties. Now go in Hardware and below you can see Device Manager. See in the list you can see your card. If yes then right click on that and then choose update drivers. If you cannot see then remove the card and plug it back again from your motherboard.

If you are going to buy a new card then it is important that you must first consider some points. If you use a desktop computer, a PCI or USB tuner will be most suitable. To choose between one or the other, you have to ask yourself if you want to occasionally connect the card to another position in that a PCI card is not very convenient to move. USB sticks are ideal for a small footprint.

I think that card does not work on Windows 7 due to which it is not found in the system. Look in device manager carefully there is will be some exclamation mark on the hardware or any unknown device type tool would be shown. You must replace that if it is not working on Windows 7. You can dual boot your system and install Windows XP at one end so that you can use the same in future.

Go for hybrid card. The hybrid cards are more expensive but offer quality while facilitating the digital recording. The less bulky is the PCMCIA card. This card is ideal for use on mobile. A PCI format, less convenient to carry and handle. The interesting thing is the via USB tuner are very convenient with a USB key format, which is why the tuner PCMCIA certainly tends to disappear.