Thread: Is Acer crystal eye webcam compatible with Windows 7

Is Acer crystal eye webcam compatible with Windows 7

I recently installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 6920 laptop. The installation completed absolutely fine and I can use Windows 7 from the day first with out any problem. But now when I tried yesterday to use crystal eye webcam to chat with my friend I noticed that its not working at all. I can see the other side person but the face is not clear, it appears blurred. I tried using Yahoo Messenger and this problem is not seen with it but for others the problem persists. What should I do now? Please help!

Re: Is Acer crystal eye webcam compatible with Windows 7

I think your crystal eye webcam is not compatible with Windows 7. I have visited Acer website but didn't found your laptop in the compatibility list. So its better to use either Vista driver and/or your webcam in compatibility mode.

If you are see some faces (although not clear) on your webcam, then one point is clear and that is Windows 7 support your webcam. Now if it is not clear then there should definitely be some kind of driver issues. So I would suggest you to update the drivers and make sure it is allowed to connect to internet to download the drivers. In my case, I did the same thing, I then tried to use webcam but it didn't worked. I restarted my computer to make sure if the drivers was not creating any problem because of not installed completely and to my surprise it worked.

I think its because of messy BIOS version. If the crystal eye webcam was working on your previous Windows installation then it should have at least worked on the compatibility mode with the drivers that you have used on previous Windows. However, I would advice you to better contact the Acer support team and get it fixed.

This is obviously the driver issue and Acer do have the drives for your Windows 7. If you are not aware about the location from where to download then I would suggest to visit this link: http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?L...CRC=2054404012. Provide your product's name and the version of windows running on your computer and you should find your driver download link.