Thread: Emagic EMI 2|6 + Snow Leopard

Emagic EMI 2|6 + Snow Leopard

I recently performed the upgradation of my PowerMac G5 tower to OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), and with the same upgrade on my Emagic EMI 2|6 USB audio device suddenly stopped functioning . The primary thing that I did was to jst search out the Apple Emagic legacy FTP and download and perform the installation of the drivers again, but I received the error : "/Library/StartupItems/EmagicA26A62mFirmwareLoader” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.

I figured out the issue that it has to do something with the Snow Leopard's requirement for the universal-binary -- the EMI 2|6 program hasn't been updated for a long time . Has someone else suffered with the same issue..

Re: Emagic EMI 2|6 + Snow Leopard

I am also getting the same issue but there is another background of the issues. I also figured out the problem and but didn't got any proper solution for this . I also have tried to configuring the access privileges on the files to remove out the issues , but that didn't work. (Access privileges are not the similar as security configurations).. Please I need some help from you all.....

A universal binary is a descriptor for an application running with the code needed to execute on both of the PPC and an Intel CPU. The Snow Leopard does not need a universal binary as it is coded for Intel only (After all the retail version just launched a week before) and will not launch on a PPC that is within the entire G5s.

Actually ,I misspoke (er, typed) -- I am currently working on a latest Mac Pro that is Intel powered. According to me, what I was trying to say (and obviously find out all in the incorrect environment ) is that the method Snow Leopard is configured, it no longer will accept the firmware for the 2|6 at the time of "security settings", and I am not completely sure about this if there is any workaround for this issue .

I got the exact similar issue, I am working on an Intel dependent mac, I have recently done the upgradation from tiger to leopard, and performed the reinstallation of the emagic driver, to running with such type of security alert display whenever I move to log in, and the same alert for the .DS_Store of the "/Library/StartupItems/".

I am unable to find a work around right now , so if someone has a fix regarding this then it would be appreciated a lot. If I figure it out in the meantime..