Thread: OS 10.4 - Folders at top of "list"?

OS 10.4 - Folders at top of "list"?

So this may seems as an odd question in this way, I organize my entire directories according to the "type". However in some directories, I have figured out that I stored some file types which will always be tagged at the top of the list leaving my directories in the middle (probably PSD, TIF, AVI etc).

Do you have any method to make it so that the directory are always found at the top of such type of lists when going to sort this by type, that doesn't need me manually replacing the directories at the top?

Thanks!

Re: OS 10.4 - Folders at top of "list"?

I found some thing that can be really helpful for you and it is suggested by an experienced user of the mac operating system . You need to go for the setting of preferences for Spotlight.

Just Open up the System Preferences and then click on the Spotlight. Click on the Search Results and choose which section you need to use for the searching function. Drag the sections to replace the order in which they are shown within the results list.

The directory category was close to the bottom within my list. I moved the same at the top, and the change was immediate. Currently,directories are at the top in any search.

Thanks for supporting and suggestion with the possible solution as you can do but I still have some doubts in this case. Fine , that did the technique for the spotlight, but what I am trying to perform the same within my actual directory specified , however perhaps theres different type of hidden preference somewhere? Please come with some new ideas if anyone have any suggestion ?

I have read the same issue on another forums and was asking about the following : How do I resize the actual size of the icons, size of icon text, background color/image of my windows environment and/or the method for the files to arrange themselves within the windows environment ?

And the answer would be : When in icon view, just right click within the directory and choose "Show View Options". This is the way through which you can choose "Keep Arranged By" and choose how to arrange your files and even configure entire directory to perform the same. You also running with different options to help suit your preferences. In case, When in list view, to get your directories and files to manage themselves according to the name, type, date modified, etc, click on the associated bar at the top of the finder window.

Fine according to me, I require to go for the little bit clarification here . I am sure about the procedure to configure up the directories to sort by type - however when I perform so then i found that it does not have the directories specified at the top - specific file types are available in the queue before them, however, what I need to do is to just have this so that all of the thing still sorts by type but at the top will be any directories .

Hi Dingbang, if you would care about some points here then you can get that you are already go the answer . Look at my post which contains the answered for this procedure .it is based on how you are getting the display of the directory that you are running with the particular options, unless you are going with the columns view that does not important to sort by type. you can simply come up with the directories at the top of both icon and list view.