Thread: Cooler for Cosmos S 1100

Cooler for Cosmos S 1100

Hello, I'd like to buy the box of Cooler Cosmos S 1100. The worry is that we apparently can not put the cooler than 13 cm in height. My wish and place a Zalman CNPS10X Extreme. My question is does anyone have this case and if he has found a solution or if there is a good cooler as well as the Zalman may fall within this box. More information about the Cooler Master Cosmos S would be really appreciable.

Re: Cooler for Cosmos S 1100

The problem of this case is that like all boxes with a side venting is impossible to mount coolers towers. You'll have to turn to solutions of breakdowns with the same characteristics as the Noctua NH-C12P to obtain a cooling quality. Furthermore, although the appearance of this type of cooler seems to be opposed to natural flow ventilation of the box it will benefit the flow of air supplied by the fan side of the box that will improve its performance.

I use myself a Cooler Master Gemin II on a box with the same characteristics at the time and I experienced the same concerns about the height limit established by the side ventilation which consumed a large space. Partner with 2 Noctua fans plus side venting, I got more cooling performance than interesting with this cooler and overclocked my CPU did not flinch one bit even when scorching heat. Well it was a bit of monstrous as a solution but it has never failed and has the benefit of cooling all components on the motherboard including memory.

Cooler Master has become a major player in the world of hardware. Marketing housings, power supplies, cooling systems for processors, graphics card for laptops and fans, the Taiwanese brand plays in the big leagues, the same as Thermaltake, Antec, Silverstone and Zalman. In terms of size, sales volume and scope, Cooler Master is regarded as a direct competitor of Thermaltake, the other manufacturers mentioned above are more modest than in terms of volume or product mix. For the Cooler Master and Thermaltake that you see in your favorite store are just the visible face of the iceberg.

The two firms are in fact very active in the production of products for OEMs. It must for example know that Cooler Master has developed cooling systems for graphics cards, NVIDIA. In many products, Cooler Master offers a full range of enclosures. The distribution model is unbalanced cons since the firm was especially active in the field means towers at reduced prices. Having had the opportunity to ride several privately, we must admit that their value is one of the most interesting sector. As for the boxes could be described as upscale, we will remember the Wavemaster who made the happiness of many consumers.

Less popular was the series of Knight, though not uninteresting. Closer to home, we find the Mystic and to a lesser extent that Centurion are more mid-range boxes. But the case Cooler Master that has marked the spirits and who introduced the brand in the field of high-end towers was the famous Stackers. Case of excess both its size and weight, it proposed many features and was used on many stands as a living demonstration case for configurations wildest. Stacker is a very often presented as NVIDIA's Quad-SLI is presented in a Stacker ATI Crossfire configuration, it is in a Stacker Intel introduced its famous V8 configuration, etc.. It is also with the Cooler Master Stacker began its customization program called Housing CSX.

In short, Cooler Master has felt the potential cases could have very high-end gamers, modders and especially on the aura of the brand. Thus the Stacker and its variants were joined in late 2007 by another grand tour housing high-end Cosmos, available in two versions, one compatible with the standard NVIDIA ESA. We tested this case at orientation "silence" at the time of its release and we noted that it was full of qualities but suffered from a weight and a non-standard dimensions.