Thread: Mouse keeps double clicking when clicked once

Mouse keeps double clicking when clicked once

I am using MAC OS from quite a long time with my MacBook Pro. Well, my mouse keeps double clicking when clicked once. I am not able to understand why this is happening without changing any of the settings of the particular component. Also, till yesterday, everything was working fine and suddenly this issue happened today from the time I have started my system.

I get very much irritated when many windows are opened. While doing some sort of visual editing with the help of applications like Adobe Photoshop CS4, this issue gets worst. The mouse is a USB connected one. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Mouse keeps double clicking when clicked once

I am facing the same problem with my wireless mouse that it keeps double clicking when clicked once. I have checked out all the settings of the same in the properties that can be set for the click of the mouse. Sometimes, the single-click is fine. But, most of the times, it produces double-click. All possible suggestions to fix this problem is very much appreciated.

In both the cases, whether it is a wireless mouse or the USB one, you have to connect the device to some USB port. It is required that you must try using the mouse after changing the port in which it is connected. I hope that the situation that the mouse keeps double clicking when clicked once may be solved with the help of this method.

There must be an internal problem with the button of the mouse. It is also possible that the spring of the mouse has become loose, due to which you are facing the the particular issue that the mouse keeps double clicking when clicked once. The only way to know about this is to switch to a new mouse and check out if you are facing the same situation with it.