Thread: High temperatures on Dell Studio 1555 and poor quality - not happy

High temperatures on Dell Studio 1555 and poor quality - not happy

My brand new Dell Studio 1555 laptop had an issue with the touchpad. I noticed that the touchpad gets too hot so I returned it for warranty. They replaced the motherboard and fans and returned to me in a week. But now I get about 90 degrees celsius while watching videos or playing games. Could this result me to a serious problem later on? Will my laptop wear out at these temperatures?

Re: High temperatures on Dell Studio 1555 and poor quality - not happy

Did you called up Dell again to fix this issue? The temperature seems higher than normal. The video quality may be due to another problem but still if it is under warranty call Dell and get it resolved from them. By the way, where you have placed the laptop: on a hard, flat surface or on your lap or on a soft, upholstered surface, bed or carpet?

Poor video quality certainly could be the result of graphics card getting too hot. I think you should get a fan and installed it to cool down your system a little bit. You can also use some air compressor to remove the dust (if any) that might be causing you the heating problems.

If poor quality is the main concerned for you then system being hot can not be the only reason for that. Even driver issue could be one of the reason for getting low or poor quality of videos in movies or gameplay. Did you tried to install the latest drivers from the Dell site and if yes and still have the same problem then try to uninstall the current drivers and reinstall the latest one just to confirm if the drivers were installed properly.

High temperature could be the problem caused by either a failing heat sink fan or obstruction in the ventilation and heat sink. If you know how to open the laptop, then I'd recommend blowing it out with compressed air. To lower the temperatures, be sure that the fans are clear of any dust.

Hey. I had the same problem. The fix is rather easy:
    Goto Catalyst Control Center--->Power Play and choose Maximize Battery Life when plugged in.