Thread: DVD Player with USB and external hard disc

DVD Player with USB and external hard disc

A friend came with his external hard drive to my house and we tried to connect via USB to my DVD player, and there, some of the films were recorded above be read directly (in fact, there was a sample of film, music approximately one quarter of data from disk), I buy an external hard drive Iomega 250 gig, I put some movies on it and I plug in my DVD player, nothing happens. I have searched for the information for solving the problem and the answer that I got is that my drive is ntfs and should be fat32. I follow the advice; I fragmented my hard drive with two partitions in fat32, but the problem remains the same can you suggest me anything related to the DVD Player with USB and external hard disc.

Re: DVD Player with USB and external hard disc

Interesting attempt, I am not having the solution for the problem instead of that I would like to know if it is possible to connect an external hard disk on a DVD player or a TV or even a magneto. My TV and my DVD player is not equipped with a USB plug. Is there any way to content for play divix on my external hard drive? Thank you very much if you can find out for I am sure that you will be having any solution for that.

As far as I know you can never managed to play videos on the external HD DVD through the Toshiba. But I am having the solution for your problem. You just need to add the USB plug beast a port sector that was in my corner and then plugged the cord twice the external HD: that is copied on DVD; a sheet on the new USB port and then it will work for sure. If you face any other problem then feel free to ask about that.

I bought a media gateway "essential B" with an external HD 320 G, actually I learned that you have to format the HDD from NTFS to FAT32 (on my pc windows Vista Home Premium does not propose exFAT that - I guess it is the same as the proposed alternative is NTFS) But anyway my gateway does not recognize it then with a simple USB stick but it works well It's great to have invested in a DD ext each time whether to transfer from SD to USB ext to see movies on TV! Does somebody have the same problem?

I just purchased an external hard drive 2.0 and I wish I could plug in my player dvx 1.1, but this does not work. I have seen various solutions where we had to wait a certain time for the file appears on the screen, the problem would not because the USB cable from the HDD is a 2.0 and the player dvx a 1.1? How do I arrange for it to work? Any related reply will be appreciated.

To all those who have a player and want to play divx directly from their external hard drive, I have a divx player with USB output and a 640GB hard drive maxtor. I arrived too has not read my divx directly from my external hard drive because this one was the trick is in NTFS format the hard disk to FAT 32 and it works! I hope you got the solution for your problem.

Thanks for the reply but tell me one thing that is what you have to format entirely in fat32? Because I have the same thing as you except kil is partitioned 320 GB and 200 GB Primary NTFS and FAT32 100 GB extended logic. Is interesting facts are mandatory that all DD is only one primary partition to FAT 32? I will be waiting for your reply.