Thread: Help Choose to buy Joystick/Joypad

Help Choose to buy Joystick/Joypad

I have a new gaming pc. I had added a PS3 also in my system. Now I am looking for a good joystick which can help me to enjoy most of the gaming. My choice is not just limited to the joystick or joypad a steering well is also important. Can you guys suggest me which joystick I can go for. I have a high game collection there is really not fun in playing them with the traditional joystick.

Re: Help Choose to buy Joystick/Joypad

Look for Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D joystick. It is traditional handle shaped joystick but the controls and movement are much easier to control. All this, of course is very far from the behavior of a real steering wheel in a real car while playing Need of Speed or any racing game. The users cannot resist the gameplay and when you press the gas tries to slip out of the hands. This is a common issue on steering wheel

An important factor in choosing steering - the system of attachment to the table. Cheap models are almost are always a easy fix. It would be a powerful as these rubber mounting, during the tense game wheel detaches from the table in one or more points. But the same is very annoying. In the more expensive models with FFB used massive pins, sometimes added to them by fastening flat screws.

If you are going to choose for steering wheel then the most serious model is a rudder pedal equip separate unit that gives you clutch pedal and gearbox. There are even real luxury steering wheels with leather tight. As expected, the value of such models is very expensive, but in return for spending money offer almost complete simulation of driving on the the game.

If the budget does not matter here then I will recommend you to use Saitek Joystick / Throttle X52. This is a next generation of joystick in the world of simulation. The price of the same is bit high but it is really nice. The Saitek X52 is the flight control system's most sophisticated in the world and it is a complete equipment for gaming. It gives you control for lighted buttons, grip, LCD display Control, etc.

I will go with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Nice for budget and performance. You can say it is a balance for the same. The twist handle joystick Extreme 3D Pro will not let you in trouble. It offers you 12 programmable buttons and a POS rubber button which lets you to have optimum control on your game. Whether you dropped bombs or firing guns in a fight, the stable and precise Extreme 3D Pro will allow you to overcome your enemy in no time.

I am using Thustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro USB Joystick. It works both for pc and playstation. It is very cheap as compare to all mentioned in this thread. It gives channel swivel for perfect control of the rudder function. You also get dial-around sliding and there new design gives you more stability. There are some 17 Action buttons and the plam rest is a bit big which gives you more comfort.