Thread: How to use Nokia N73 as a webcam

How to use Nokia N73 as a webcam

Can someone suggest me the procedure to use my N 73 camera as a webcam on my system or any laptop? I have gone through the different threads and then moved for installation of remote s60 software on computer and mobile but actually its not going to install properly in the mobile....so, I am getting difficulty with that. Can somebody please help me for this very issue ? Thanks in advance,

Re: How to use Nokia N73 as a webcam

It looks like charm and seems as a marriage made in heaven? Why splash out on a different one webcam for your laptop or computer system when your carried camera-configured and provided with the smartphone and are able to perform the same task as done by other web-cams , wirelessly? If you have any confusion regarding this, so you can go for the reviews suggested for Mobiola Web Camera for S60 3rd Edition (but also available for entire second Edition devices).

I previously have this from some weeks or months on my N70 mobile phone and it actually performs very well .This is cool to run with the wireless webcam, I can just move out of the room and get and capture some different spots of the house as long as the bluetooth connectivity moves. One more thing in order to this , you can get what you are capturing right now on the Nokia's display. And it is also actually fine quality because the camera has the capability of 2mp so in motion maybe 1.3mp instead of previously released webcams that contains the capability of 0.3 or 0.9 ..

In case, if you laptop doesn't have the camera on it's top ,then you at least would have a camera phone along with you as a personal device when you are traveling or moved out for the long tour, or in some business meetings , or just so far from your home for education purposes . Because you can currently achieve the same functionality from your camera phone as a webcam and connect it live with your laptop or computer system if you are at home.

wwigo is the one of the supported program through which is information can be transmits between the mobile phone and laptop via the bluetooth functionality , and streams the video from phone to computer system and then the component at computer receives the video and broadcasts the same .

The things , you are able to do with the wwigo are as follows -
    • Use the camera phone as a wireless webcam.
    • Use this with Youtube to share the videos and also upload at all.
    • Use this with the instance messenger such as Skype , Yahoo messenger etc. just for live video chatting.

According to me, you can work with the N73 as a webcam because it is capable and will allow to continue with the video calling , you may have to be with a cable (USB) to plug this with your computer system though, the suggested URL below which contains the demo page for the N73, you may go through this useful link and I am sure it can be helpful for you. Take a look at this : http://nds1.nokia.com/tutorials/supp...ish/index.html

HI, I used to go with the Mobiola TM Web Camera for S60 third Edition v.1.0 software and it goes fine. I think , I have to try configuration from another com ports in the software on your computer system. I just need the serial# for this one as I am unable to purchase this out .