Thread: Is your memory stick hiding recycled files from you

Is your memory stick hiding recycled files from you

I am based on my personal experience as well as the help files for some software that I mention every time. I shall say nothing of Norton has a function Undelete is a paid product that works very well but I speak here only freeware . To perpetuate a habit in my subjects , some true / false . TRUE There has been more windows 7 Un delete, otherwise I should not make a separate subject. I do not know the exact reason for the loss of function of Undelete windows 7, it is possible that the appearance of the trash was MS thinking that everyone would use it and allowed it to happen an undelete. Is your memory stick hiding recycled files from you. Any idea?

Re: Is your memory stick hiding recycled files from you

You must save my recovered file on another physical disk or logical This is because a deleted file is not really , these are the areas that it occupied becomes available. If so we want to recover a file deleted , it is advisable to write to another medium , same logic , so do not overwrite the file sectors . That is to say that if you have 2 drives ( C and D ) but are actually a single physical disk , you can save a file deleted on D to C, and vice versa . Now I have to install a program Undelete Indeed, when you deleted a file and you do not undelete program installed , it is ( almost ) too late . I often see that people are asking how to retrieve a file, they are not ad hoc program.

For those who surf to find a program Undelete , who download the same disc , there is very little chance they get their file . Ideally , it should already have the undelete program at hand . If this is not the case but you have a second PC with Internet access, please use this one to download undelete program and put it on a floppy . If you 're networking , you may be able to recover a deleted file on another PC ( I 've never tried it but a priori , it should work ) . If you only have one PC with Internet access, then download the file to a floppy or other disk that you want to retrieve the file . Attention during the installation, it could crush the areas you want to just recover.

You can always recover deleted files, even long after the erasure. Each second passing you from recovering your file . Well , I exaggerate a little . Although. When we see what is running on Windows permanently, it is clear that programs write lots of bits of files, even without that you do not perceive. For example , a virus will write a log file, Word saves every X minutes your document if you have activated the option " save AutoRecover info " , etc. . The swap file ( virtual memory ) can inflate or deflate as well. If you have XP , there are lots of other system programs that I do not know that write data at different times , for the good management of the OS .

The principle of writing a disk sector is always the same on Windows, there is a search of the first sector (cluster in English ) is free in the free areas and is allocated to a file, as soon as A program creates a file or writes to a file and that writing requires expansion . So if you have deleted a file, do not touch anything , start a program to undelete and recover because all other programs running at that time could use the areas previously occupied by your file. If Word is running, do not close it because he wrote in the work files , it will save your document open and it may overwrite your other files . If you surf , your session must be stopped immediately because IE (or another browser) writes permanently to disk files . Sometimes, however, that some people recover files deleted long ago, others only partially or not recover a deleted file 10 minutes before.

With a fragmented drive, this is common with the registration and deletion of data often ) , the chance of finding files is relatively low . However, if the file is visible in the folder " Deleted " in Drive Rescue, you can try to recover , and Drive Rescue ensure it is not fragmented . Small precision when he said " the clusters of file were successively registered , it means that the unencrypted file is a single block. If you read between the lines , it is a plea for frequent fragmentation , a relatively unknown indirect effect of fragmentation elsewhere . You will say " I only records and rarely erases files . And you think so do not be concerned by this problem of fragmentation.