Thread: HIS HD 5850 Turbo V iCool test at HRC

HIS HD 5850 Turbo V iCool test at HRC

I am having the Radeon HD 5850 with me. And I usually play the Games for long time. So I am afraid that my processor will get damaged because of excessive temperature.!! I odn't want this to happen. So I thought to go for cooling device. Then I heard about the iCool V Turbo HIS which results best with the Radeon HD 5850. But since, I am not knowing anything about it, I thought to take some suggestions from you guys. Also provide some useful information about it. Eagerly waiting for your replies..

Re: HIS HD 5850 Turbo V iCool test at HRC

The Radeon HD 5850 custom there are lots. But one that caught the attention of our fellow CDH is the model iCool V Turbo HIS. This has two advantages over the reference card. First of all its frequencies, which are 765 MHz for the GPU and 1125 MHz memory, against the 725 MHz and 1000 MHz of origin. The second change relates to the cooling is completely reviewed by HIS.

Today an item for consumption based, so admired Radeon HD 5870 PCB customized that comes with a more tremendous and cooler. Yes, the mission for more MHz has ongoing and as such HIS has commenced a more fashionable version judged against to the reference design. The HIS Radeon HD 5870 iCool V Turbo Edition features a custom-designed cooler that's enhanced iCool IV from the HIS, conceivably you remember one they used on some graphics cards (Radeon HD 4890 last generation).

The card itself then, while the non-turbo variants use AMD reference clock speeds of 850 MHz core and 1200 MHz memory, the Turbo model we analysis today, ups that number to 875 MHz and 1225 MHz correspondingly, brings a diminutive more to the product. The HIS R5870 Turbo V iCool features 1 GB of GDDR5 memory, monitor and immense connectivity. You will have two DVI-D, and one HDMI and DisplayPort connector at your clearance. As added bonus released a special SKU HIS that you consume with a full copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 as well.

To dissect the internal architecture of the HD5800, you should consult the chapter devoted as you can see here (NDPM, but especially not here , attention). The HIS therefore takes broadly the same technical features as its older sisters appeared seven months ago! On the menu 1440SP, a leg of GDDR5 on bus 256-bit, 40nm etching and compatibility with DX11 hardware total. The frequencies are increased from 725/4000 MHz to pass the core / memory at 765/4500, which should generate relevant differences in performance, the overclocking is frankly.

The card comes in a carton size that surprises by its size: it is very small and only slightly larger than the card itself, just its thickness which could accommodate no more than two cards. Really bluffing and therefore significant to find a home space for storage. That same box is flocked Modern Warfare Game II is supplied as a bundle. It says at first glance the features included, such as the presence of the HDMI output, a leg of GDDR5, or compatibility with the bus PCIE 2.1. So nothing special except once this package is rather small. The bundle for its frugal, but is correct, ie a CD of drivers have been exceeded, a Crossfire bridge, DVI / VGA, 2 Molex PCIE 6-pin and coupon CoDMW2.

The first impression that emerges is that it seems impressive, and it is more effective than the reference HD5850. Immediately we compare this model with our Gigabyte HD5870 also classic, and surprise, it lies between the two. It seems that all these maps have changed all PCBs a single dimension, offering HD5870 shorter but longer than the reference models. This policy certainly allows them to save management costs of 2 PCBs totally different now to create uniformity of PCBs faster and easier by reducing the costs certainly (reports not necessarily visible to the purchase).

The rear panel of the conventional compared with other HD5800, since it has two DVI, one HDMI, and DisplayPort, and a small air vent that allows warm air to be vented in part. The rear panel hides under the large black plastic two molex and reveals the heater that overcomes VRM. Once again available in the rear molex differs between brands, some like Sapphire or Powercolor preferring molex on the axis of the map while Gigabyte meanwhile keeping an angle of 90°.

Once unscrewed the radiator of his four fixations, one is impressed and there on two things: First, it is very heavy compared to other cards we've reviewed. The second is the lack of heat pipe. The memory chips are cooled by cons same copper block which handles the GPU, and are in contact with the radiator via the pads fairly brittle. It remains very delicate to say which system is more efficient memories between direct venting and the radiator cover but devoid of airflow. Each of the six games that make up the panel of test bench in 1680x1050 and 1920x1200. The 4x antialiasing and 16x anisotropic are systematically activated, these are settings that match perfectly with this type of product, even the bare minimum. This is obviously not because the settings are set each time the max they can be, just to see what the card was in the belly.

I have done testing of HIS HD5850 Turbo V iCool. Temperatures were recorded in a room at 22 degrees Celsius to 2 degrees C, the idle is 15 minutes of inactivity on the desktop, and after 30 minutes of OCCT we get the concept of 3D support. So the GPU temperatures were read directly GPUZ correlated with CAP, while temperatures of VRM PCB level were read from an electronic thermometer with laser sight. As for the noise test, they were made under the same conditions as the GPU temperature readings, our meter displaying a background noise of 35dB based (only the 14cm fan Noctua NH D14 turned in by a 5V ULNA ), and being located at 10cm from the map.

HIS has Chosen to use GDDR5 on Their card, WHICH IS faster Than The Other Companies. It is nice to see 512 MB INSTEAD of the wasteful 1GB which does do anything EXCEPT cost. In terms of performance the SITS HIS HD 5550 Closer to the HD 5570 Than You Have the HD 5450. If the space in the box and want a quiet card for movies and 720p gaming, then this is better.