Thread: Quality problem with Western Digital WD6400AAKS

Quality problem with Western Digital WD6400AAKS

I have bought a 2 new Western Digital WD6400AAKS Hard Drives just before few days and i guess something is wrong with this hard drives. Both of these hard drive have came up with the bad sectors and they make awful noise. One of them seems to be touching disk platter somewhere while spinning. Is this a known problem with this series of HDDs of WD? Does anybody has the same HDD with any kind of problem?

Re: Quality problem with Western Digital WD6400AAKS

I have bought a same hard drive last week and i guess there is no such annoying noise comes from my hard drive and even it does not have any other kind of problem. I guess there would be something nearby hard drive which might be making noise when your hard drives runs at full speed. Actually it might be the only vibration which can make louder noise. So i think you should check about the same on surroundings of your hard drive.

I think this problem could persists because of the loose fitting of your hard drive. I would suggest you to check that have you placed your hard drive tightly in your CPU case as even if single screw would be loose then it is but obvious that your hard drive will make noise. I do not think that there is anything wrong with the quality of this WD hard drive.

A hard disk is a stack of spinning disc in 7200, 10,000 or 15,000 rpm , depending on the models and all enclosed in a "box ". So it generates vibrations which, in a typical installation , spreads throughout the body by means of fasteners. Obviously in addition to the noise , it heats. And unlike hard drives gpu does not support large temperatures . It is generally recommend not to exceed 50 ° C. You have understood this to remove the buzzing must dissociate / disk (s ) of the rest of the case that is why I opt for the solution of " hard case " it means putting the hdd in an acoustically isolated box so that the buzz is stifling.

For the CD image file , it should be engraved with a software like Nero. Once done , it will reboot ( check in the bios that your cd / dvd is a priority to your hard drive in the BIOS boot order ). First , click ' I ACCEPT ' . As a reminder, you are in a sort of MSDOS environment , so no mouse . All keyboard with the arrow keys. Select the drive to "modify "( Look at the size ' Capacity ' to find you ) . Then click on the tab at the top ' Features 'and 'Change acoustic level ' , a progress bar will appear, and then click Enable.

If your hard disk gives the sensation of ' scratch ', there is a way every living thing : Please type lightly on the tower (yeah , that's the version Rocky Against disk drive), it's silly , it's stupid , but is often very effective. Indeed, the disc does not touch metal parts which are a kind of echo. So , it is also possible to move the hard drive is a safe operation , move , change the location.

There is nothing seems to be wrong with your hard drives as there are many people screaming for the same problem but i guess there should be some simple way to get rid of those noise when your hard driver spins. I think first of all try changing the place of your hard drive and place it where it gets stuck as much as hard as possible so that there would not be much vibrations.