Thread: G.Skill DDR3 and Amd Platforms

G.Skill DDR3 and Amd Platforms

I have 2x 2GB G.SKILL ddr3-1600 CL7 installed applications and play something or crashes the computer (means - the screen freezes and he responded button on nothing more - except the power). A memtest showed no errors. Neither individually nor the inserted modules together. But after further experimenting, I found out that the crashes happen only if module is plugged in second Module 1 alone is wonderful. Now to my question, the RAM is faulty but I have not found any errors with memtest? Incompatibility with the motherboard I would rule out first - as a module muck without running, and both come from a kit - that would be identical? Please tell me something so that I can sort an issue of compatibility on my AMD processor.

Re: G.Skill DDR3 and Amd Platforms

What voltage is set? Either you Rip Jaws installed, which need 1.65 V, or ECO-RAM, which needs 1.35V. And if thou were once so good, but at least once to call the Board, we would have at least one. Where do you begin to write even before: the whole is best to Config Because after knowing details about your issue properly, maybe I (or someone) will able to resolve your problem.

sorry I forgot ...
    Board is Asrock M3A790GHX (the rams are not in the QVL list)
    RAM is G. Skill F3-12800CL7 4GBRH Rip Jaws
    currently running as ddr3-1600 7-7-7-24 at 1.65V indicated by the manufacturer as. All mem settings on auto, he clocked them as ddr3-1333 CL9 1.5V does not help.
    asrock m3a790ghx
    amd x4 phenom2 965
    be quiet 550W
    G. Skill F3-12800CL7 4GBR
    Club3D 5770 oc hd
    samsung F3 1Tb

Otherwise I would say almost because he is not on the QVL and house already needs 1.65 V, converting back again. You should check the G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1600 DIMM Kit. This G. Skill Dual Channel Kit from Ripjaws Series consists of two 2 GB DDR3-1600 memory modules (PC3-12800) in DIMM form factor. The total capacity is 4 GB. The modules with 6-layer PCBs are equipped with black heat sinks and latencies of 9-9-9-24 at 1600 MHz programmed. The following are some more details about it :
    • Series - Ripjaws
    • Total capacity - 4096 MB
    • Module - 2 pieces
    • Design - DIMM
    • Type - DDR3 SDRAM
    • Standard - DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800)

To me it seems as if my PC (especially when I'm wearing Cool & Quiet) is not really much faster than my old Amd Athlon 3000 + with Windows XP. Did then updated my BIOS to 1.5 and saw by chance that it reads some data wrong since the update. eg.: is the processor with L1 cache = 0 is the bad or the reason that the PC is slower?? Do I have the chipset (SB750, 790GX, processor ....) separately install drivers for Win 7 or is it sufficient wnn I just install the Catalyst? And to the Rams. According to the profile of the latencies of 7-7-7-24 @ 1.65 V 1600. Did it stands up to 8-8-8-24 1600, the voltage on auto. When I put on the CL7 PC error reports when BIOS. Does anyone know the best settings?? Did the BIOS RAM voltage as said stand on car?? Please give some appropriate solutions.

The RAM voltage for DDR3 is far too high to vote if it should work with 2.21 volts. The need to blow so soon. Adjusting times in the BIOS manually to 1.65 volts - more may not have. Possibly. It lies with you on it!! Chipset driver brings with Windows 7 itself, but not the latest. If so manually re-install the latest times. Look at whether it needs for the AMD CPU on the AMD website is still a separate Cool & Quiet driver. Then the install times.

Re: G.Skill DDR3 Kit for Six-Core AMD platforms

You should also know about the G.Skill DDR3 Kit for Six-Core AMD platforms. The memory manufacturer G. Skill has new memory kit based on DDR3 modules presented one, which for use with AMD's is especially designed. The total of 4 GB Kit (2x 2048 MB) is here operated with a clock speed of 2000 MHz at a voltage of 1.65 volts. The latency specifies G. Skill with CL7-9-7-24. The memory modules for a count of the "Flare" product line and have thus also on the black and red heatspreader.

For some time many memory products to its portfolio in a separate product line for AMD processors and a range of Intel platforms. After G. Skill recently the Intel camp with a new DDR3-2500 kit is now AMD has enjoyed the backing of at his expense. For example, a large producer of a four gigabyte DDR3-2000 Kit for AMD processors, which can come up with the 7-9-7-24 timings.

The new kit is here for the brand new "Flare" series from G. Skill, which is aimed at enthusiasts with AMD processors. With a specially designed heat spreader to thereby preserve the memory chips, despite the high clock rates and the sharp timing is always a cool head. That, however, should the supply be responsible for this lies with 1.65 volts or absolutely in the ballpark. Therefore, from the perspective of the theory is an application of the new "Flare" kits on an Intel platform, no obstacles.

DDR3 memory is now well on all new Intel as well as the new AMD platform is used and arrived in the mainstream. Prices for the new DDR3 modules are measured by the speed significantly below the price of DDR2. Regardless of the prices are adjusted. For a 4 GB DDR2 or DDR3 whether it currently has to lie down for about 70 €. The selection is huge with DDR3 modules, ranging from 1066 to 2300 MHz with a memory latency of up to CL6 CL10. The largest selection of modules can be found currently at 1333 and 1600 MHz.

Of course, the modules tested as a dual channel kits are getting. The test in triple channel mode, however, is demanding and requires more from the modules, which also shows particularly in Overclocking. But of course, the modules in the Tripple Channel performing particularly well in this dual channel mode do. For our first Roundup we have therefore once fast DDR3 Triple Channel Kits with 1600 3x2GB considered and compared some.

On the safe side? Only two modules for fast (CL) and low volts! Almost all manufacturers make the modules more quickly with increasing the volts, you should also select the modules V can AData modules sold with 1.5 V! and CL7, here you should definitely wait to have such very good modules are up - with Auto Memory function on the motherboard can be installed DDR3-1600 also, I like buying CL7, DDR3 1600 2 x 2GB, Max 1, 6V; there is not much more than before, a Chaintech module kit on EU miser search, but they are running safely lowered CL6 DDR3-1333 settings (AMD default) must be tested with (can not afford it myself) and the 1.6 V - as nor can also increase the overclock.

All these technologies work initially in single-channel operation. The very fact was the performance of past generations, the vastness of the memory bus and to increase the memory speed to be continuously enhanced. The memory clock is the only way to noticeable performance increase on the socket AM2. However, a general statement can hardly be taken to the differences in performance increase too large. 1.5 And 50 per cent difference between DDR2 400 and DDR2 800 can be between an idea of how much this depends on the application used it. Only if this application uses the higher memory bandwidth also makes use of a fast memory also clocked sense.