Thread: VF0180 Live WIRELESS Webcam Need help for forwarding ports to webcam from gateway

VF0180 Live WIRELESS Webcam Need help for forwarding ports to webcam from gateway

I need help for a wireless webcam. The model number of the same is VF0180. I had this wireless cam and I want to insert a video on my site. It is small college site which I share with my friends. Now there I am not able to get it work. I read that there is a need of port forwarding. How to do that and other than this which is a nice wireless live cam which can help me to stream video.

Re: VF0180 Live WIRELESS Webcam Need help for forwarding ports to webcam from gateway

It is quiet easy to do that. You need to insert a port number in the cam settings and add a exception under the firewall. Once done you just need to insert the ip address and things are done. I am using a Creative Live! Wireless. As its name suggests, it is a wireless, directly with a communication module WiFi 802.11b / g. It is easy to integrate with your windows. Just refer the manual.

Re: VF0180 Live WIRELESS Webcam Need help for forwarding ports to webcam from gateway

The Creative Live! Wireless cam come with a web client built into the webcam and the user can access the images filmed by the camera anywhere with a PDA, a computer or mobile phone that can connect to the Internet. This webcam has a 640x480 VGA sensor and is compatible with USB 2.0. The software solution provided can support up to 4 cameras connected simultaneously. It also allows up to 4 accounts open storage on the Internet to share their photos with his entourage.

If you have a router which is connected to the network on a single pc then you might need to enter the settings there. The router knows which machine to be assigned to redirect the port and for that you must first identify the machines. The procedure is easy for that. Log into the webadmin interface of your router and click on attached devices or its equivalent for a list of computers on your network. Then just setup the ip address of the camera.

You must enter your router first and the second thing you need to know is the ip address of the computer. Open your router and then click on advanced category and then click LAN IP Setup. Enable DHCP and limit the maximum number of IP addresses according to the number of connected machines. In my example I have 6 computers connected to the network so I have restricted ranges 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.7. Then add an IP reservation for that click Add and put the local IP address and MAC address of your computer found above.

For port forwarding you must first create a service that defines the ports to open and the protocol (TCP or UDP) to use. To do this, click on Services and add a service. It is necessary that your computer is uniquely identified on your route and it will always have the same local IP address. Enter a name for your service and choose the type of protocol used. All settings are from the router.

I am using QuickCam Cordless, it is a a nice wireless webcam with consist of all support that you need. There are actually a base transceiver which has plugged the webcam. With regard to its technical characteristics, the QuickCam Cordless has a CMOS sensor capable of a resolution of 510 x 492 pixels in video mode and still images. The connection of the base will be via the USB port.