Thread: Line In problem with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Pro

Line In problem with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Pro

I have recently bought the Creative SB X-Fi Titanium pro card and i have installed it on my windows 7 computer system. But i think the Line In/Mic port is not working from the Creative Volume Panel software. What could be the problem here and why it is not working.

Re: Line In problem with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Pro

I guess you must be using some bad version of the Creative Volume Panel software. You must not use any such programs for working with the microphone connected on your system. It might be the good software for controlling the volume on your system but that might not be specifically for microphone. I think you should first check that your microphone have got successfully connected to your system or not.

I guess your system wont be having the proper drivers needed to run the microphone on your system. Actually its the part of your sound card which handles the sound and mic on your system so you must check for the newer drivers for the sound card which you are using on your system. If there would not be any such drivers available for the particular sound card then you may try using default one of windows.

I guess the problem would be on the mic port of your system as it might happen that the port on system would not be having proper internal connection and because of which the mic which you are trying to connect on the mic port would not be getting detected by the motherboard ans hence there is no software which detect the mic connected to your system.

1. Go to the Control Panel - > Sounds and Audio Devices in the "Volume" tab and then select for an "Advanced settings"in settings of speakers and choose " stereo headphones.
    2. Select your sound card from the drop down menu.
    3. Now click on the Volume button and then you may check the settings for Microphone.

When it comes for installing the latest drivers on your operating system then you should make a note of the version of an operating system which you have installed on your os. Actually if you have installed the 64 bit version of windows 7 and you have got the 32 bit drivers on it then there would not be problems at all the stages but it may arrive like this. Check that which drivers you have installed on your system.

This seems to be the problem with the port itself as any software for controlling sound does not find it hard to detect the mix connected to the pc so there would be something wrong with the Mic port or it might be related to the cable's pin. I suggest you to check the port by using some other headphones microphone on it.