Thread: Zune HD Cannot Connect to PC!!

Zune HD Cannot Connect to PC!!

Let me tell you first that I am not having enough knowledge of the hardware peripherals, so you can consider me as newbie and provide some solutions in details.!! Now my problem is that I recently bought a Microsoft Zune 16GB HD. But when I turned on that HD, the operating system does not detect it. I have tried to do lot of things but I am not able to work on it. What to do? I am expecting some needful help from your side. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Zune HD Cannot Connect to PC!!

Before installation, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements. Because if it is not meeting the requirements your Zune HD will not be detected. The following are the requirements for it :
    • Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 (all editions), Windows Vista (all editions), Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
    • Processor - Pentium 500 Mhz or higher
    • RAM - 256 MB
    • Free space - 200 MB
    • Monitor - Super VGA resolution (800 x 600)
    • Video Card - Video card with 64 MB of RAM (video RAM or VRAM) and DirectX 9.0b
    • Internet Explorer - Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher

Connect the Zune device to your computer HD. If possible, use a USB port on the back, for best results load. You can connect it using the sync cable supplied with the Zune device or station A / V Zune HD (sold separately). You may need to wait a few minutes after connecting the HD Zune device until the battery is properly charged to begin. I hope that doing this will help you.

Re: Setting up the Zune device to your computer HD

I think that you might have not done the setting properly. If your requirements are meeting properly (as mentioned by "Sachit"), then you should do the settings properly. The following steps explains the setting up the Zune device to your computer HD :
    1. When you turn the HD Zune, the Zune software will start the configuration process.
    2. Accept the upgrade - You will be prompted to download an update to ensure that the player has the latest features. After the update, the Zune HD will reboot automatically.
    3. Assign a name to your Zune device HD - Personalize your device through a display name in the Zune software.
    4. HD link Zune device to your computer - If you link your Zune device to your computer HD, every time you connect, its music, pictures, videos, podcasts and friends are automatically synced with your Zune HD according to preferences set.

You can use the Zune HD with as many computers as you aspiration, but you can only pair with one each time. The links with a different computer expunge the relationship of timing and synchronization groups established on the original computer. If you do not link your Zune device HD can attach to a computer as a guest. With a can synchronize connection also requested, but not automatically. You must append and delete items individually from your Zune when you want to make changes.

If you want to synchronize, then I would suggest you that make a decision what elements should be added to the Zune device and what to prance every time you make a connection to the computer. It has dissimilar alternatives depending on your media files: sync everything or sync manually synchronizes chosen elements of the explicit elements selected. The last step is to synchronize media files to your Zune HD. Depending on the amount of material they have, this may take some time. If you just want to add music and think about what other then choose the All option for syncing music and configure the rest as Elements elected or manual synchronization mode. Learn the basics of using the touch screen and HD Zune controls.

Microsoft has unveiled its strategy for applications for the Zune and Windows Mobile, and we can only remain skeptical. Let's start with the Windows Marketplace for Mobile, which reserves to the Windows phones. If the overall system is modeled on the App Store from Apple, it has still some differences. Also there are restrictions comparable to those from Apple, such as those requiring that applications do not compete with services from Microsoft, except that they are a bit more than Apple ( search engine, mapping, etc..). It also includes the prohibition of using VoIP, or replace the telephone dial interface as SMS or MMS, so no Google Voice program. The other problem is that there are already applications for Windows Mobile, many of them do not meet the requirements of Marketplace.