Thread: Rear speakers does not work in Creative P5800

Rear speakers does not work in Creative P5800

I have bought a new Creative P5800 5.1 sound system and i am facing an annoying problem with this speakers. Actually I have configured this speakers properly but the problem is that the rear speakers of this system does not works where front and center are working without any problem. Where could i go wrong? I have installed sigmatel drivers on my system.

Re: Rear speakers does not work in Creative P5800

I guess you have set your speakers as 2.1 channel on the sound settings which is regarding the windows operating system. I recommend you to go to the start menu and then open control panel from it and then double click on the Sounds and Audio Devices. Here you would be having drop down menu where you have to select the 5.1 channel then check that all the speakers are working or not.

There could be a problem because of the sigmatel drivers which you have installed on your computer system. I suggest you to go to an official website of the Creative where you would be having the proper drivers as per the version of an operating system for the model of your sound system. Or there would be the sound driver on windows website as well but note that you download the driver for version as same as that you have installed on your machine.

Some motherboard includes an audio solutions which asks for a jumper to be set on the motherboard for 5.1 mode. Motherboards which have only three stereo mini-plug outputs which normally do double duty specifically as line-in and microphone. Manipulating the jumper settings when the power is not ON and then rebooting will change that other two sockets from line-in and microphone to surround out and centre/sub.

Some systems 4.1 speaker (one subwoofer and four satellite speakers ) are designed to be connected to sound cards for computer games. If you plug a standard computer sound card (or an integrated audio system ) , make sure that their input switch is set to " stereo ". For more details , see the documentation for your system, 4.1 speaker.